Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Grabber Pony Grabber Blue shift knob installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 04:10 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Default Grabber Pony Grabber Blue shift **** installed

So i ordered up a custom colored shift **** from grabber pony several weeks back and it came in today. I also cleaned the car up so I'm not embarrassed to show off the sift boot and e-brake boot like i was before. The pic from outside the car shows the other billet items i added inside the car. i also got some matte black stickers with GT in grabber blue to cover up those ugly airbag stickers. The black blends in much better with the visor than it looks in the pics thanks to the flash.

I'm not sure there is anything else to do with the interior right now. No one can match grabber blue leather. i am thinking about getting some lloyds matts with a blue GT stitch in it. I wasn't real happy with the lloyds matts i bought for my 05. they looked great the first month or so and then they were so plush the fibers crashed down and would never fluff back up.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:28 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Cute little addition that really stands out. I like it.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:28 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

Looks great!

Two questions:

1.) Where did you find the sticker? Did it happen to be exact size or did you cut to fit?

2.) How does the **** feel compared to stock? I like the feel of the stock shifter and its shape. Easier to shift?
Old 11-27-2010, 05:51 PM
5 Dot 0
2nd Gear Member

Great idea on the decals and I like the new shift ****. You've made a bunch of nice mods...what's next?
Old 11-27-2010, 05:58 PM
theACE
3rd Gear Member

Looks great, the pony emblem on the steering wheel airbag cover would look cool grabber blue too.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:46 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM
Looks great!

Two questions:

1.) Where did you find the sticker? Did it happen to be exact size or did you cut to fit?

2.) How does the **** feel compared to stock? I like the feel of the stock shifter and its shape. Easier to shift?

The stickers are exactly the right size and you can get several different logos in all 05 up colors. You can go to grabber pony and search for stickers, they don't just show up for some reason. i think the pair was $20.

the shift **** is exactly the same size as the ball that was on my car, it has the 401a interior pack with the aluminum shift ****. The thing here is that this ball is composite and won't get hot or cold, which is a big issue with the factory aluminum ****. You can get the shift **** with or without the shift pattern and you can get custom engraving too. i toyed with the idea of dig- roll- OMG - WTF - crusin' instead of numbers but opted for numbers.

Not sure what's next, i keep toying with the idea of those custom sill plates ford does, i may do those next.

Last edited by ShaneM; 11-27-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:47 PM
JWButler14
3rd Gear Member

another good choice there shane
Old 11-28-2010, 07:30 AM
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

Real nice!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

Really Cool!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 03:32 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

That looks good! Made me go and order one since I like the retro look of the Boss shift **** ...

I figured going with all GOLD **** may not look too good ... so I went with Ebony Black **** and Sunset Gold Shift pattern ....

Quick Reply: Grabber Pony Grabber Blue shift knob installed