Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Keeping That New Appearance!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 05:38 PM
5.0_Coyote_GT
1st Gear Member

Question Keeping That New Appearance!

Speaking of appearance of the newer Mustangs, how many of you keep your Mustang garaged in the winter months, if you live in a area that gets snow in the winter? My new Mustang is in the heated shop and resting comfortably with the Sta-bil in it's tank and the battery tender on the battery. They have already started putting down liquid road salt and since I drive a company truck back & forth to work and the wife drives her Ford Edge, I can store the new Mustang in the winter. If you can't store your Mustang and you have to drive it in the winter snow & salt, how often do you wash it or do you just give up until a warm day to spray it off?

BTW, I hate snow

Phil
Old 11-28-2010, 05:44 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

mine is gone tucked away in my garage for the winter..it sucks that i probably wont get to have any fun with it till late March
Old 11-28-2010, 06:40 PM
5.0_Coyote_GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
mine is gone tucked away in my garage for the winter..it sucks that i probably wont get to have any fun with it till late March
I hear you on the no fun till late March. Reading you posts about how you detail your Mustang though, I would of bet big money that yours would be stored like mine in winter. If I remember right, I think you have a zillion dollars in detailing supplies

Seriously though, your Stang looks awesome!!!

Phil
Old 11-28-2010, 06:56 PM
swat 79
2nd Gear Member

I only have 1 vehicle, and it's my 10 gt...I drive it through the winter and wash it when I can, but I don't worry too much about it. After a long winter it gets a full professional detail, and that does away with the little if any "damage" there is.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:48 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5.0_Coyote_GT
I hear you on the no fun till late March. Reading you posts about how you detail your Mustang though, I would of bet big money that yours would be stored like mine in winter. If I remember right, I think you have a zillion dollars in detailing supplies

Seriously though, your Stang looks awesome!!!

Phil
yea I have a ton of money in detailing stuff..I am a little **** about my paint..I never drive the car in rain or any weather conditions except sunny days
Old 11-28-2010, 08:10 PM
Kitzy
1st Gear Member

My car sits outside all year. No garage. I wash it when I can and when worse comes to worst I take it to a touchless car wash. Especially useful to get the undercarriage. Most important is to try to keep a good coat of wax on it.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Radioguy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5.0_Coyote_GT
Speaking of appearance of the newer Mustangs, how many of you keep your Mustang garaged in the winter months, if you live in a area that gets snow in the winter? My new Mustang is in the heated shop and resting comfortably with the Sta-bil in it's tank and the battery tender on the battery. They have already started putting down liquid road salt and since I drive a company truck back & forth to work and the wife drives her Ford Edge, I can store the new Mustang in the winter. If you can't store your Mustang and you have to drive it in the winter snow & salt, how often do you wash it or do you just give up until a warm day to spray it off?

BTW, I hate snow

Phil
I drive my car year round. More days to have fun I have a garage for it, but I drive it sun, rain or snow. If the salt comes out, I use the touchless car wash to clean the top and bottom of the car. I did that with my 2000 GT convertible and it looked great when I traded it after 6 years. If I get a really nice day, I will either wax it myself or take it to a detail shop to be waxed. I do expect the new "traction control" to improve the handling of the new Mustang over the 2000 GT in the snow

Old 11-29-2010, 11:49 AM
5.0_Coyote_GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by swat 79
I only have 1 vehicle, and it's my 10 gt...I drive it through the winter and wash it when I can, but I don't worry too much about it. After a long winter it gets a full professional detail, and that does away with the little if any "damage" there is.
It's better to drive a Mustang in the winter time than not have one for sure. Sounds like you take good care of it as best you can. I just know here they go crazy with the salt and salt spray on the roads

Phil
Old 11-29-2010, 11:50 AM
5.0_Coyote_GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kitzy
My car sits outside all year. No garage. I wash it when I can and when worse comes to worst I take it to a touchless car wash. Especially useful to get the undercarriage. Most important is to try to keep a good coat of wax on it.
Keeping it protected with a good coat of wax does help. Drive safe this winter!
Phil
Old 11-29-2010, 11:57 AM
5.0_Coyote_GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
yea I have a ton of money in detailing stuff..I am a little **** about my paint..I never drive the car in rain or any weather conditions except sunny days
I am lucky enough to have a company truck to drive back & forth to work in, along with my own Ford F-150 and my wife's Ford Edge. The mustang & F-150 pretty much get stored unless the snow gets bad enough where the AWD Edge can't get thru it easily. Then I take out my F-150 4X4.

I also only drive my Mustang on sunny days as well if I can help it. I still have to get some spots out of the clear from the factory. I am using a new buffer from auto geeks and it works very good. So I am starting to get some $$$ in detailing goodies too. Only about $325 so far, but enough to make a good start!
Phil

Quick Reply: Keeping That New Appearance!