Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Pedestal Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 06:54 AM
M3hunter
2nd Gear Member

Smile Pedestal Spoiler

Hi Guys,
After reading the 2011 Brembo GT reviews and related forums information. I became a believer and join you guys, just bought a racing red color w/. the 3.73. Before this one I had a '02 Black Porsche Carrera w/. modified suspension. Compared with the GT, I really don't miss my old car. Now I'm looking around for exterior modifications, I really liked the GT/CS pedestal spoiler w/ the red above, black below color, and thinking if I should include the side scoops & the Quarter window louvers. Once that you install the scoops & the louvers, Which are the chances that they might fall, with speed? (that happened to my front lip spoiler in my Porsche, driving at HIGH speed). Also, Do you have any visual problem when you drive with the window louvers?. Where do you recommend me to get that stuff?, probably prepainted will be better.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:43 AM
VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

One of the best places for pre-painted parts is DG Custom Auto. They have the side scoops, louvers, pedestal spoiler, and the GT500 spoiler. If you're going to get window louvers, though, you should consider Silver Horse Racing. They are completely flush mount and, at least in my opinion, the only ones that look good on the Mustang.

DG does not carry the SHR louvers, do you'd have to get those direct from the source. Also, many people seem to agree, the pedestal spoiler looks great in pictures, but in person, it actually looks really bad. The GT500 spoiler, or 3D500 as you'll find on DG's site, looks amaazzzzing.

http://www.dgcustomauto.com/category.sc?categoryId=592
http://silverhorseracing.com/cart.ph...ategory_id=275
Old 12-05-2010, 01:56 PM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

M3 Hunter, I too came from a German car, prior to my mustang. I can tell you that the pede spoiler looks very nice on the car. I ordered it directly from the factory. The spoiler looks great, particularly as you move farther from the car, it extends the trunk.

BankFar by cameronjarki, on Flickr

BankSide by cameronjarki, on Flickr

In my opinion though, the side scoops and window louvers cheapen the look of the car. And there is a good chance, that at serious speeds, they could rip off. I wouldn't do it.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Xeno
'Dr. X'

Originally Posted by M3hunter
Once that you install the scoops & the louvers, Which are the chances that they might fall, with speed? (that happened to my front lip spoiler in my Porsche, driving at HIGH speed). Also, Do you have any visual problem when you drive with the window louvers?. Where do you recommend me to get that stuff?, probably prepainted will be better.

welcome to the forums . i know american muscle offers pre-painted window louvers (it says 05-10, but it will work on the '11 as well); i've ordered from them before and have been very happy. also, as far as i know, the way the louvers are 'cut', you should still have a relatively good visual field; it will be reduced overall, but it shouldn't be enough to cause a huge problem. as far as them 'holding', as long as you prep the contact surface right, you shouldn't have much of a problem; most of the aftermarket parts like scoops, window louvers, etc. are held on by 3m tape... cervini's side scoops are held on by 3m and to me, the fact there is a big 'gap' between the front edge of the scoop and the actual car, it looks like they'd come flying off as soon as you get up to any real speed; but i haven't heard many, if any, people who have had a problem with them.

Last edited by Xeno; 12-05-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:01 PM
M3hunter
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Xeno
welcome to the forums . i know american muscle offers pre-painted window louvers (it says 05-10, but it will work on the '11 as well); i've ordered from them before and have been very happy. also, as far as i know, the way the louvers are 'cut', you should still have a relatively good visual field; it will be reduced overall, but it shouldn't be enough to cause a huge problem. as far as them 'holding', as long as you prep the contact surface right, you shouldn't have much of a problem; most of the aftermarket parts like scoops, window louvers, etc. are held on by 3m tape... cervini's side scoops are held on by 3m and to me, the fact there is a big 'gap' between the front edge of the scoop and the actual car, it looks like they'd come flying off as soon as you get up to any real speed; but i haven't heard many, if any, people who have had a problem with them.
Great suggestions CJStang50 / Xeno,
Your spoiler looks great CJStang
Old 12-06-2010, 08:08 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I too am after the Ford optional pedestal spoiler, I love the look, and to me it remains conservative (i.e. not rice) yet it does stand out over the integrated lid spoilers.

I would get one, but I am after a tuner and some tunes for my car first.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:55 AM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

The pedestal spoiler was the reason we went with the GT/CS. I still am not a fan of the way the tail lights curve forward and this spoiler just helps the look so much.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:56 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CJStang50

Great looking 5.0
Old 12-07-2010, 04:05 PM
Judged88

Originally Posted by CJStang50
M3 Hunter, I too came from a German car, prior to my mustang. I can tell you that the pede spoiler looks very nice on the car. I ordered it directly from the factory. The spoiler looks great, particularly as you move farther from the car, it extends the trunk.

In my opinion though, the side scoops and window louvers cheapen the look of the car. And there is a good chance, that at serious speeds, they could rip off. I wouldn't do it.
CJ, I love the set up on your stang! Gotta ask real quick, did your mustang come with a spoiler so you could just bolt on the pedestal or did you have them drilled? Oh and what kind of rims are those? they almost look like RTRs or TSWs
Old 12-07-2010, 11:08 PM
CJStang50
1st Gear Member

THANKS FOR THE COMPLIMENTS GUYS ... I got the pede spoiler and hood scoop from the factory. Those rims are 18x8 TSW Nurburgrings, wrapped in Pirelli Rubber. THEY'RE ACTUALLY FOR SALE RIGHT NOW!!!! I'm adding a supercharger to the car, (Check out the progress here https://mustangforums.com/forum/5-0l...new-5-0-a.html )so I opted for Saleen Rep's from AM. 18x9 in the front, wrapped in 255/45R18 and the rear are 18x10, wrapped in 295/45R18. These are horrible pics from my cell phone, but I'm having photos done soon.

[IMG]
SlammedSaleens by cameronjarki, on Flickr[/IMG]

SlammedRear by cameronjarki, on Flickr

Quick Reply: Pedestal Spoiler