Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

2011 5.0 - GT500 Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 05:05 PM
M7MDGOTHICA
1st Gear Member

what kind of louvers is that?
is it cervini louvers and what kind of side skirts and what springs???
Old 01-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Kixsters
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by M7MDGOTHICA
what kind of louvers is that?
is it cervini louvers and what kind of side skirts and what springs???
Skirts are the OEM they just have the Roush splitters and I think their painted to match the car
Old 01-18-2011, 05:22 PM
M7MDGOTHICA
1st Gear Member

yeah their painted with the gt500 rear vaalance
and the side louvers they look like the cervinis but diffrent i dont know anyone knows?
and is that steeda sport springs
Old 01-18-2011, 05:40 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

That thing is sharp!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:47 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

I really really really want to know what suspension he's running and his wheel size/offset/tire sizes...

That is the exact stance I want to achieve (with a different set of wheels of course)
Old 01-18-2011, 07:02 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

http://www.dallasmustang.com/product...cat=162&page=1
Old 01-18-2011, 08:30 PM
Kixsters
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by starbai
I really really really want to know what suspension he's running and his wheel size/offset/tire sizes...

That is the exact stance I want to achieve (with a different set of wheels of course)
If you ever find out what set up he has let me know lol... cause i think that you and i have the same taste on lowering cars.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:42 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

I'm working on it. I've been talking to a guy at BMC Extreme (the makers of the Black Mamba hood he's got) - and he's been advising me on what the shelby conversion would take to acomplish, as well as the headlight issues (or lack there of) --- I've asked him if theres any way he can put me in touch with the owner of the car.. e-mail, phone, anything so that I can ask some questions...

Dont know if he'll be willing to go that far to help me yet... lol but seems like a nice guy over there at BMC who will definitely be getting my order for the TruFiber hood for the GT's or the BMC good for a pending shelby conversion.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:19 AM
heritagehog

Wow thats nice!!
Old 01-19-2011, 12:07 PM
starbai
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by starbai
I'm working on it. I've been talking to a guy at BMC Extreme (the makers of the Black Mamba hood he's got) - and he's been advising me on what the shelby conversion would take to acomplish, as well as the headlight issues (or lack there of) --- I've asked him if theres any way he can put me in touch with the owner of the car.. e-mail, phone, anything so that I can ask some questions...

Dont know if he'll be willing to go that far to help me yet... lol but seems like a nice guy over there at BMC who will definitely be getting my order for the TruFiber hood for the GT's or the BMC good for a pending shelby conversion.

BMC replied and said that they put in a message with the owner of the car, to ask him if it was okay for them to release his contact information with me.

I figure its in their best interest... the more buzz on the car, means the more buzz on their products which will increase their sales (potentially)

So whenever they hear back, and I get a chance to speak with the owner, I will report back.

So far I'm primarily going to ask him about his suspension/wheel/tire specs... anything else in particular you guys need to know?

Quick Reply: 2011 5.0 - GT500 Conversion