Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

2010 Billet Fuel door install

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 05:26 PM
def67
2nd Gear Member

Default 2010 Billet Fuel door install

Did this install today in the driveway, thought I'd share some pics! Sorry the car is dirty as usual LOL. Also think I could have took a few more pics along the way but this should help other rookie modders such as myself. Total time took was about half an hour.

Tools Required
1/4" drill bit, 3/8" wrench, 7mm socket / Ratchet, small flat screwdriver, locktight

First drill out the 4 tabs holding the factory plastic in place, sorry I probably should have took a pic while it was still on the car. Its very obvious where you have to drill as the tabs practically have a pilot divot for you. Next use the screw driver in the holes you just drilled to push the tabs holding the old plastic in place then pull the plastic off the capless filler.

[IMG][/IMG]

Next install the flange gasket around the fuel filler.

BEFORE (darn lots of dirt in there!!!)

[IMG][/IMG]

AFTER,(It helped to reach up in the wheel well to do this step as its a tight fit)

[IMG][/IMG]

Next remove the stock door using the 7mm socket, hold onto the door while doing this to avoid it dropping or hitting the quarter pannel.

Now remove the nuts from the new fuel door and remove the outer spacers, put the door in place, put the spacers on, put some locktight on the nuts and install the nuts, tighten and your done!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 02-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Tex-stang
2nd Gear Member

Looks good.
Might I suggest you put some color in the 'GT' to make it stand out.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:30 PM
def67
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tex-stang
Looks good.
Might I suggest you put some color in the 'GT' to make it stand out.
hmmmmm, good idea!
Old 02-05-2011, 08:25 AM
incorrigible
2nd Gear Member

def67 - If you interested, I'd like to buy your old original fuel door. I'm looking to get SHR quarter window louvers and want them pre-painted. According to SHR, in order to match the color, I need to send them my current fuel door to color match to. I don't want to drive around without one so I would be interested in purchasing your old one. I also have a 2010 Candy Red GT.

PM me if you're interested.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Karnage541
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by def67
[IMG][/IMG]
How many mats do you have in your car man?
Old 02-05-2011, 01:35 PM
a5gunner
1st Gear Member

That looks awesome
Old 02-05-2011, 06:03 PM
def67
2nd Gear Member

Only 2 floor mats in there, the original ones that came with the car with a cheap Canadian tire rubber mat on top.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Karnage541
1st Gear Member

Only 2 floor mats in there, the original ones that came with the car with a cheap Canadian tire rubber mat on top.
For some reason it looks like you have 3 or 4 lol.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:53 PM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

Did this install today in the driveway, thought I'd share some pics! Sorry the car is dirty as usual LOL. Also think I could have took a few more pics along the way but this should help other rookie modders such as myself. Total time took was about half an hour.

Tools Required
1/4" drill bit, 3/8" wrench, 7mm socket / Ratchet, small flat screwdriver, locktight

First drill out the 4 tabs holding the factory plastic in place, sorry I probably should have took a pic while it was still on the car. Its very obvious where you have to drill as the tabs practically have a pilot divot for you. Next use the screw driver in the holes you just drilled to push the tabs holding the old plastic in place then pull the plastic off the capless filler.

Next install the flange gasket around the fuel filler.

BEFORE (darn lots of dirt in there!!!)

AFTER,(It helped to reach up in the wheel well to do this step as its a tight fit)

Next remove the stock door using the 7mm socket, hold onto the door while doing this to avoid it dropping or hitting the quarter pannel.

Now remove the nuts from the new fuel door and remove the outer spacers, put the door in place, put the spacers on, put some locktight on the nuts and install the nuts, tighten and your done!
It doesn't bother you that the GT on your car is not italic like the GT on the gas cap?
Old 02-06-2011, 01:30 AM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

Good job!. I will be installing mine sometime this week (hopefully tomorrow) on the same color car. Mine is the black billet one though. I will post pics when I'm done

Quick Reply: 2010 Billet Fuel door install