Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

And the Final dealership bs begins..

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 07:17 PM
StangKid018
3rd Gear Member

The ******** deposited my $750 after I told them TWICE I wasn't interested in the car because they "Couldn't" meet my standards but could some how make something else work out but still screw me for some reason. Now im really pissed off with these guys...
Old 02-18-2011, 07:20 PM
StangKid018
3rd Gear Member

Didn't deduct rebates/incentives off the sticker price, telling me I get a great deal on a 3.9APR for 6 years at $430 a month. HA!

Now its oh we can deduct the service warranty to get your payments to 395 for 6 years. What a waste of my time...
Old 02-18-2011, 08:00 PM
caps

time to ask dad if he has any lawyer friends
Old 02-18-2011, 08:20 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

he doesn't need a lawyer, make a call to the BBB. If they cashed it without you signing any papers, you should be able to collect damages on the check being cashed under false pretences. I would also contact your bank to see what they can do.

I do however know in some states that when you sign a check and hand it over, that the funds are now out of your hands. The difference in this case is that they received payment for services not rendered, which your bank should be able to recollect the funds, along with the possibility of reparations.

And for anyone asking, I am not a lawyer, nor do I guarantee this information will work for any certain case. USE THIS INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK
Old 02-19-2011, 06:24 AM
StangKid018
3rd Gear Member

The only thing I signed was the credit app. what gives them the friggen right to try and start hopping more steps. These people are a joke.. Now it's just causing me to be more pissed off because not only trying to get screwed over by them now they are taking my money without permission. I already called them telling them that they don't send a new check out they will be speaking with an attorney and I'm not very happy about this.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:29 AM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

This is why I always use a credit card when putting a deposit down. If it falls through you can immediately demand a refund to the card. If they don't comply ( which I have never had this happen) you can call the credit card company.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:37 AM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangKid018
The ******** deposited my $750 after I told them TWICE I wasn't interested in the car...
They have to give you your money back but you should never give a dealer money until you agree apon all terms. By doing what you did it makes the dealer think they have an easy mark.

I bought 2 new cars 6 months ago and every dealer I talked to agreed to KBB trade-in value as what they would give me for trade-in before we even talked price on the new car and I was already preapproved for a loan with my credit union.

I ended up buying a 2010 Mustang GT Premium ($9,250 off MSRP) and a 2010 Challenger SRT8 ($8,000 off MSRP) + getting full KBB trade-in values.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:34 AM
cdv478

Sounds like the salesman and sales manager pulled a classic lowball tactic on you. I worked as a lot attendant in high school at a Ford dealer in the early/mid 90's, and what they would routinely do is exactly what happened to you:

1. Get the salesman to give you numbers that are great and that you agree to, but NOT have the sales manager sign the buyer's order.
2. Tell you that the sales manager is off or unavailable on the current day, but he will sign the buyer's order the day you take delivery.
3. The day you come in to get the car, you will be told by the sales manager that the salesman made a mistake or is just stupid and that there's no way they can sell the car for the price initially negotiated. The acceptable price will invariably be higher. You avoided this scam, but it often works because buyers are mentally prepared to buy the car and won't change their mind, even if they are getting taken for several thousand dollars more than they agreed to. An additional way to ensure this tactic will work for the dealer is to let you take the car home overnight or for a couple days, and then "oops... the sales manager says no to those numbers, but we'll do these new ones as a favor to you".

The fact they cashed your $750 check sucks. I have no idea what recourse you have in that regard but wish you luck. When did they sell you a warranty? I missed the part where you visited the F&I guy... the biggest scammers in the dealership. Having an approved loan and prearranged insurance is a major asset in minimizing exposure to these people. They will make any story to get your money, so when I get taken to their office, I say "no", "no", "no" to everything they say. The shady ones get pissed and it's great fun to watch.

Last edited by cdv478; 02-21-2011 at 04:36 AM. Reason: poor grammar
Old 02-21-2011, 04:52 AM
wingless
2nd Gear Member

A deposit is required to create a deal. Signed papers and handshakes only go so far. A deposit accepted by the dealership protects both parties. The deposit is provided once the conditions are acceptable to both parties.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:32 PM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wingless
A deposit is required to create a deal. Signed papers and handshakes only go so far. A deposit accepted by the dealership protects both parties. The deposit is provided once the conditions are acceptable to both parties.

This is true, but they are NOT allowed to cash it. You'll get your money back, it just may take a week for them to send out a check. Happened to me. Asshats.

Quick Reply: And the Final dealership bs begins..