Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's
View Poll Results: Pay or play?
Screw it up yourself
40.00%
Get it done, it's a pain
60.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

SHR quarter louvres

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 11:47 AM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

......aaaaaaaand they're still sitting in the box.

Glass company, body shops....nobody in town wants to put them in. Small towns have a few things going for them, but there's one thing that bugs. Complete and total saturation of employees that should be wearing helmets.

Incompetents across the board, from the low level fast food jobs all the way to the ones that should be technically competent.

Next stop, Ford. See if I can't get me checkbook raped.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:19 PM
spitfire760
1st Gear Member

Default Just go for it

I was scared to do it myself but i went for it and It actually wasnt as hard as I thought you just have to take your time and make sure you have a whole day to do it

before Roush style louvers

After SHR louvers

Last edited by spitfire760; 03-26-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: to correct myself
Old 03-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

Those look so much better than the ones that stick on the outside....not to knock the Roush ones, but the internal ones look like they fit. The 3M taped versions all look like an afterthought.

The shops all seem to be concerned about the available space between painted surfaces and the glass. They're worried about scratching the paint...which is nice they're thinking about it, but doesn't help get 'em installed.
Old 03-26-2011, 02:04 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

i have these on my car, installed by the dealer. they were afraid to do it so they called a glass place to install them. i wanted a glass guy mess with those things for hours and hours trying to get them installed. its not something i would do myself, you have to cut the glue that holds the qtr windows, trim, glue the new things in and what not. it looked more complex than the instructions sounded.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:53 PM
spitfire760
1st Gear Member

Default I hear you

Originally Posted by ShaneM
i have these on my car, installed by the dealer. they were afraid to do it so they called a glass place to install them. i wanted a glass guy mess with those things for hours and hours trying to get them installed. its not something i would do myself, you have to cut the glue that holds the qtr windows, trim, glue the new things in and what not. it looked more complex than the instructions sounded.
Everybody I know told me to have some one install them but I actually just went by the instructions and yes I took my time and it took me all day but i got em in no leaks or anything. Oh and I know nothing about window installs and how to remove them.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:05 AM
incorrigible
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by incorrigible
I'm going for these on my '10 this spring/summer. Will do the install myself (I'm **** that way).

The linked write up is great and I don't think install would be an issue for anyone with any reasonable amount of mechanical aptitude.
On order. Can't wait to install.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:13 AM
big4ever76

seem a PITA to install!!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:22 PM
danglin

I bought a set recently, and my dealer painted them for me, and recommended a local glass shop for install. I had them install for a little over 200 and was very pleased with the results.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Meester_Vapor
2nd Gear Member

Default Holy competent tradesman Batman!

SWEET.

Noticed the car turns a lot more heads now, she's fast enough already to deserve some look-fast work. Found me a tradesman in Riverside. I'm a complete PITA when it comes to being happy with someone's work. Was very happy to pick her up after a few hours with some people that know what they're doing.

I'm gonna plug the hell outta this guy's shop, he more than deserves the attention....anyone need someone to do these and you're in So Cal....it's worth the drive. Give Bill a call and tell him Dave says thank you.

Auto Glass America
7590 Indiana Ave
Riverside, CA 92504
(909) 824-2474

Added the carbon fiber tint in dark on the back window....medium on the sides. Total bill came out to about 500 bucks for the tint and louvre work. Bill's a really cool dude, his shop is normally closed on the weekend but he came in with another guy on Saturday morning to do it. I reciprocated with a nice bottle of the man's favorite adult beverage, but the point is he came in on a day off. Did a damn good job, and I'm happy as hell with them.

Wanna see?

Hmm. Image host is down. ....way around that..... :P

Last edited by Meester_Vapor; 05-16-2011 at 02:55 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:56 PM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

I was reading a post somewhere yesterday on what a pain these are to install and how tricky it is to get the oem glass out without scratching the paint.
One guy posted that he just took a hammer to the window and busted out all the oem glass!

I do like the looks of these and it is probably what i will go with,i'll probably pass on the hammer part though

Quick Reply: SHR quarter louvres