Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Blacked out symbols and grille lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 11:42 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Default Blacked out symbols and grille lights

I decided to black out my side and rear gt emblems and also add blue led strips in both my upper and lower grille a few weeks ago but just got around to uploading the pics. I think the symbols turned out great. I first sanded them down, 3 coats of primer, and 3 coats of flat black paint. They seem to be holding up well and I washed the car 4 times so far with no problems. As far as the lights go, I know some may not be a fan of them but any opinions are welcome. Does it look to "import"? I saw it on a charger and it looked pretty cool so I tried it out.

Old 05-22-2011, 11:56 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Looks good, may want to look into the legality of the blue lights though. If it's for show only there should be no problem.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:24 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Thanks, and yeah I am not sure about the legality but I have been down tight 2 way streets and passed cops going the opposite direction and go nothing. I have them wired to the fogs so if anything I just turn off the fogs and they go off. Not sure how much longer i'm going to keep them though, not really sure how they look.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:50 PM
dadnpony
1st Gear Member

Nice Job with the Gas Cap ! Glad it went well. The lights look pretty cool also.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:13 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dadnpony
Nice Job with the Gas Cap ! Glad it went well. The lights look pretty cool also.
Thanks, and thanks again for everything you did. If you ever need anything just let me know.

Phil
Old 05-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Hack Job
2nd Gear Member

Your emblems look good. You put more work into them than what I did. I scuffed mine with 120grit, primed, then painted satin black. The've held up well but are starting to bubble a little. I'll probably have to rework them more like what you did.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:42 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Really liking the way the black emblems all around match with your blue on black theme. Looks bad-***. As for the lights...personally not my taste. I think they look cool, but in my opinion they start to get a little ricey for me. Great looking car either way though. It's awesome to see some good representation for grabber blue
Old 05-23-2011, 07:53 PM
Lokota
2nd Gear Member

I say if bikers can run blue strobes you should be able to run solid strobes! Nuff said!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:34 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Not sure how much longer i'm going to keep them though, not really sure how they look.
ugh....they look freakin awesome! I have to say, your overall car looks like a beast. Maybe springs next? I think it needs a more muscular stance, not too low though, and then itll look even better IMO
Old 05-23-2011, 09:18 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

I think it looks sick.

Quick Reply: Blacked out symbols and grille lights