Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Shot with a BB gun

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Sleeper5.0
1st Gear Member

Default Shot with a BB gun

Some little punks shot my new car with a bb gun.. I still had paper tags on it..
Nevertheless the police dept caught them.. They shot out like 5 windows that night and the window of a policeman's personal car as he drove by.. I filed my report the next day.. The cop who took the report asked me how much damage did I think there was.. I was unsure, but said around $500.. I don't work at a body shop or nothing.. He thought maybe 200.. It doesn't really make much difference what he thinks.. Took it to my dealer's body man.. He and I have become friends since he hooked me up with changing out the badges on the stang.. Sure enough.. $449.. They have to remove the door and all it's components, get the dent out, prep the door, paint and clear the whole quarter so that it will look right.. Said it's a shame on a brand new car..

Maybe I will get some restitution.. If not, I guess I could sue them.. I don't know.. Not real keen on how the law works on such matters... It's enough to make ya sick.. I gotta get it fixed.. It makes your heart sink when you walk by it.. They busted it so hard it dented and chipped down to the bare metal..
Old 06-24-2011, 07:36 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

wow. that must be some BB gun.
good thing they got caught.
darn kids.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Sleeper5.0
1st Gear Member

I know the picture quality is crap.. Takin with a camera phone.. Still it is bad enough you can see it...
Old 06-24-2011, 08:21 PM
speedkills
3rd Gear Member

Wow that really sucks. So what are your plans for revenge???
Old 06-24-2011, 08:32 PM
ancona46
1st Gear Member

had to be co2 powered, you should shoot out that little bastards bedroom windows
Old 06-24-2011, 08:59 PM
Boy Howdy

ha, dont shoot out their windows now...wait until winter comes. that way they can sleep in the cold.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:22 PM
outastockjohn
2nd Gear Member

sorry to say but $449 is lowballing. last year my b!tch of a neibor hit my black 07 mustang with a rock flying from her lawnmower. dented the right qt. panel just missing the taillight. i got an estimate from work the next day, i am a bodyman, and was over $800. no blends on other panels, easy but match. thats taking off everything that will get in the way, rear glass, qt glass, bumper cover, rocker molding, taillight, driprail molding, and all the interior that is in the way to remove the glass. good thing i can do it all my self and didnt have to pay my deductable. i would get more estimates from other shops if your looking to go after someone for compensation. good luck.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:44 PM
speedkills
3rd Gear Member

http://youtu.be/Fk6M1gqV-0A

You should do this regardless if you get compensation or not.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:32 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Thats terrible man, atleast they didn't like your car on fire like another member on here from AL (I forgot what his name is). But some vandals lit his car on fire and ruined it, very nice car too. Hope everything gets resolved.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:44 AM
Sleeper5.0
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by outastockjohn
sorry to say but $449 is lowballing. last year my b!tch of a neibor hit my black 07 mustang with a rock flying from her lawnmower. dented the right qt. panel just missing the taillight. i got an estimate from work the next day, i am a bodyman, and was over $800. no blends on other panels, easy but match. thats taking off everything that will get in the way, rear glass, qt glass, bumper cover, rocker molding, taillight, driprail molding, and all the interior that is in the way to remove the glass. good thing i can do it all my self and didnt have to pay my deductable. i would get more estimates from other shops if your looking to go after someone for compensation. good luck.
Yeah I thought it was a pretty good price, even from the dealer, for all the crap they have to do to repair it.. Woulda been cheaper if the shot the glass out, if we didn't have a wreak or have to go to the ER..
I was going to go to a few other shops, but I am thinking I am getting a pretty good deal from my boy at the dealer.. Plus if they screw it up, I don't have to worry about them making it right....

Quick Reply: Shot with a BB gun