Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Finally

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 11:59 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Default Finally

When I bought my car a couple of Saturdays ago, I also ordered the Cervini Type IV Ram Air hood. The dealer notified me today that they have received the hood and the body shop guys are checking it over so they can see how much effort is going to be required to prep/paint it. If the hood is as good out of the box as everyone has said they are, and all goes well, I could possibly have it by Saturday.

Pictures will, of course, be forthcoming.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:23 PM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx

Pictures will, of course, be forthcoming.
Which is when the thread should of been started of course.

Congrats on your hood, hope it all fits well.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:50 PM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MoshpitMad
Which is when the thread should of been started of course.

Congrats on your hood, hope it all fits well.
Yeah I know, but it's exciting, and this is the first thing that's gone right for the last week or so...
Old 04-18-2012, 11:13 AM
TommyB681
2nd Gear Member

PICS!! when its installed of course....im a little overzealous
Old 04-18-2012, 11:26 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

And this morning, I got divine dispensation from SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) to go ahead and get the Boy Racer (five-piece) body kit, center-fog grille, Le Mans stripes, and window tint as soon as I can arrange it.

If all of my stars remain in alignment, I'll be dropping the car off on Monday, and should have it back by next Saturday, and will be installing the springs/shocks/CC plates.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:39 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Dropped off. The accessories guy took it immediately. Body kit and fog light grille will be installed while the hood is being painted, and by Thursday/Friday, the stripes should be on it.

I'm pretty excited, but it's a bummer to be without the car for that long.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:17 AM
tokuzumi

I will be following your website, to view your progress.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:30 PM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Bummer - Body kit, hood and grille will be ready on Friday, but the stripe guys had an issue with the desired color - Guardsman Blue. It seems Ford didn't record the paint code for the blue they used in 1965, and while there are several versions of the color from various manufacturers, selecting the "right" color was problematic. So they left it to the accessories guy at the dealer to decide.

He decided on the color from PPG (it looked the best of all of the available choices), and I trust this guy implicitly because he KNOWS about Mustangs and their history. In the end, the decision was made too late in the week to get the stripes delivered to the dealer by Friday (the "stripe guy" doesn't work on Saturdays).

So, the accessories guy told me I could pick up the car on Friday with everything but the stripes on it, and then bring it back after the stripes arrive. At that point, they'd give me a loaner car to drive for the day, and I could come back that afternoon and get my car back, with the stripes on it.

While not perfect, it's workable, and I'll at least still be able to post pics of the bodywork on the car (sans stripes) on Saturday.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:46 PM
magnido45
2nd Gear Member

Can't wait to see your finished masterpiece!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:19 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Grrrr - the dealer told me yesterday that they'd rather keep the car until it's completely done, so instead of picking up my car today, I have to go in on Saturday evening and get a loaner (a Fusion) from the dealer so I can go to work next week. Not only that, but the dealer's makin' noise like I won't get it back until Wednesday.

I was going to lower the car this weekend, and now I have to wait until NEXT weekend. This makes three weeks now that $900 worth of suspension parts sit in the garage without being put on the car, AND a 2nd week without my car AT ALL.

F*ckin' bogus...

Quick Reply: Finally