Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

grille guard idea

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 12:36 AM
justang123

Default grille guard idea

so i own a 2012 mustang and i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a grille guard? something like these:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...rd-mustabg.jpg

http://s573.photobucket.com/albums/s...afilter=images

do you think its a bad idea? or a trend that could catch? let me know
Old 06-03-2012, 01:24 AM
zanypunk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by justang123
so i own a 2012 mustang and i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a grille guard? something like these:

Those are illegal here in MD. I would check with the state of CA first. There's a reason why cops use those things, you know that right?

More like a cop wanna be :P
Old 06-03-2012, 07:31 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by zanypunk
Those are illegal here in MD. I would check with the state of CA first. There's a reason why cops use those things, you know that right?

More like a cop wanna be :P
Or more to protect the front end in the event of a deer strike (a very likely possibility where I live), and last I checked, California isn't concerned with laws in Maryland (or the US Constitution for that matter).
Old 06-03-2012, 07:34 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...rd-mustabg.jpg

http://s573.photobucket.com/albums/s...afilter=images

The little one is going to add 30 pounds to the front of your car, and the big one closer to 60. Why do you want something like that on the front of your Mustang?
Old 06-03-2012, 10:35 AM
MoshpitMad
3rd Gear Member

Old 06-03-2012, 12:02 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

The New Edge is right here in California, he hasn't had any issues with the police.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:32 PM
justang123

i was on the freeway just looking at cars pass by, and lots of trucks and suvs had these so i just pondered what that would look like on my car. it didn't seem like a bad idea, it has a wonderful use, and the smaller guard in the picture gave it an aggressive look to me. i was wondering if maybe it was a cheaper option to give a different look, as i hate my grille and front bumper. probably won't actually buy something like this in the end anyways. too many other projects first.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:02 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

i was on the freeway just looking at cars pass by, and lots of trucks and suvs had these so i just pondered what that would look like on my car. it didn't seem like a bad idea, it has a wonderful use, and the smaller guard in the picture gave it an aggressive look to me. i was wondering if maybe it was a cheaper option to give a different look, as i hate my grille and front bumper. probably won't actually buy something like this in the end anyways. too many other projects first.
Typically, the only cars (as opposed to trucks and SUVs) that have them are cop cars, and that's why the other guy made the comment that he did. If you want it, do it.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:57 AM
inkdemon
1st Gear Member

Ask your local pd, or the mechanics that service them.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:17 AM
ninefooter
1st Gear Member

I couldn't have one of these on my car. Not because of the way it looks, but because I'd wanna push slow vehicles... or pedestrians.. or ... oh the possibilities.

Quick Reply: grille guard idea