Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's
View Poll Results: What color would you go with?
Black it out
11.76%
Sterling grey- keep it classy
47.06%
White- blacked out trim
23.53%
Other? Specify
17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions needed on future 5.0!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 11:09 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Default Opinions needed on future 5.0!

So, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and even went so far to make a list on my Iphone of every mod I would buy performance oriented and aesthetically. Well, I'm not going to be able to hold out for the 2015, so I'm not going to kid myself. I'll be looking for a used 2012 with under 35,000 on the odometer.

My question to you is which color should I mainly look for? Black, white, or sterling grey? I've also decided that no matter which color I get, I'll be saving up for the 20" Vossen CV3s and I also want a CDC chin spoiler up front. Keeping the ride as clean as possible and staying true to the body lines accept maybe a new hood down the road. Also grab a black billet upper grille...

If I had a black 5.0, I would black it out. Tinted lights, dark tint, the whole nine yards. Only I would purchase graphite CV3s to give the ride just a tad of contrast.

If I had a white 5.0, I'd do the typical black trim pieces, maybe hood spears, but probably not. Black CV3s here. Black billet grille

Or my current favorite, a sterling grey. Maybe black out the lights, but maybe not. Maybe black fender stripes. And here I can't decide on any of the 3 CV3 color options (black, graphite, and some other lighter color).

So what would you do? Pros/cons of different colors?

Also considering a spoilerless decklid. Again, just trying to keep it very clean.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:23 PM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

I voted for the wrong thing. I ment to click the Sterling not the "other". I have really liked the Sterling Grey ever since I saw one in person. Just my opinion, the other options would look good as well.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:30 PM
richardcarroll2
1st Gear Member

Black! I have a black GTCS.. The carbon fiber looking seat inserts, dash trim & side panels are amazing interior. As for exterior, I'm working on a full blackout, but currently just stock with 15% tint on all windows & visor strip. Black is the way to go, a long as you don't mind washing twice a week, or covering it everywhere you go.. So worth it though
Old 06-07-2012, 01:08 AM
urio2122
2nd Gear Member

Black it out. Makes the car look so mean I love it
Old 06-07-2012, 05:46 AM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

That is a very tough decision and is a personal one really. I personally do not like normal black cars, white is ehh and Sterling grey is nice but too subdued for me.....

Yellow Blaze.... Grabber Blue... Only way I would ever take black is if Ford put Tuxedo Black on the Mustang. I have this on my Explorer and the metallic black really pops in the sun.

Good luck with your decision !!
Old 06-07-2012, 05:53 AM
ninefooter
1st Gear Member

Gray leaves you options later on. Also keeping a black mustang looking clean is certainly tough to fit into a busy schedule. You miss a couple days and it looks like you're a redneck mudder Gray on the other hand won't show hardly at all.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:37 PM
richardcarroll2
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by urio2122

Black it out. Makes the car look so mean I love it
What rims are these? I'm looking for some!
Old 06-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

here's the deal - ultimately, you're going to pick the color that strikes your fancy or settle for another one based on price/convenience. you're also going to have those 'what if!' thoughts about the OTHER colors after you've owned your new stang for a while.

black - pain in the *** to maintain
sterling grey - awesome color, what I wanted, and 'appears' cleaner for a long while
white - well, you know my stance on that .. I love the way white w/ black accents looks.

I'll vote sterling grey, but ultimately think you will come to your own conclusion
Old 06-07-2012, 05:33 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the opinions everyone!

I know the black would be a pain to keep clean and to almost the same extent, performance white would too. I'm just trying to get a feel for the possibilities with 2010-2012s as I'm more familiar with '05-09 aftermarket visual goodies.

Whatever color I get, it has to look mean like urio's ride. Going for menacing, not classic or classy haha
Old 06-07-2012, 05:36 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

I say sterling gray, for some reason I am biased towards that color. I get compliments on it everywhere I go. And if I could do it over again I would have saved more money and got the Vossen CV3s also. You may have a tough time finding a sterling '12 model though, it was discontinued after '11 then re-continued late in the '12 production run (it replaced lava red) so their may not be very many out there.

Quick Reply: Opinions needed on future 5.0!