Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

The First 2013 Mustang with our new CDC Performance Grille!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 10:39 AM
ninefooter
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
personally it looks bad *** and its just as much black plastic as your V6 mustang has in its grill. Billit grills belong back in the early 90's I dont understand why people still rock them unless they are old and were the ones rocking them in the 80's. Sorry but chrome and billit are the worst looking things on cars these days. I think it makes the 13's actually look good. I think the GT had kinda of a off and retarded look with the fog lights as it just didnt flow well with the new front design. this fixes that
But if you look at my grille in my sig for example (not that it's my favorite), the horizontal chrome lines match the horizontal lines on the lights that light up, the angles of the chrome around the pony match the angle of the front end around it, the background of the grille matches the lower part. There's actually intentional design there and the lines go with the rest of of the surrounding cars design.

This one is literally a freaking black hole box cut into the middle of it. Has nothing to do with the amount of "plastic" it's the lack of design in it and in my opinion doesn't flow at all with the cars design. Whatever. I'm glad you guys like it I guess I'm just disappointed because I was hoping for something a bit more unique or different in an aftermarket part since there isn't much for 2013 yet anyway. If this sets the bar for other companies to manufacturer aftermarket parts at least it can only go up from here.

Last edited by ninefooter; 07-04-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:09 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

I think it looks mean and when i get my 13 GT in a few months i will be getting this grill for sure and the roush lower to compliment it.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:17 AM
CDCSales
Former Sponsor

Thank you all for the complements and opinions! The CDC Performance Grille is the first of many new components that we will be offering for the 2013 Mustang.

Our Lower Fog Light Kit is still in the works so I will update everyone once there is more information on that product. If any of you have questions regarding the Performance Grille or our upcoming product line for the 2013, feel free to message me or call us at 866-624-7997!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:18 AM
4LiterSonic
2nd Gear Member

Yes.

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesye syesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes. I love that.

God I want a 2013 so bad.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Rolling13
2nd Gear Member

Love It. What is that chin spoiler?
Old 07-05-2012, 02:30 PM
CDCSales
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4LiterSonic
Yes.

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesye syesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes. I love that.

God I want a 2013 so bad.
I'm glad you like it! I also love your response!

Originally Posted by Rolling13
Love It. What is that chin spoiler?
That is the RTR Chin Spoiler that we will also be releasing on July 17th. I'll post more information about that piece as it comes, but '13 Mustang owners can look forward to putting the Performance Grille/RTR Chin Spoiler combo on their rides very soon!
Old 07-05-2012, 02:31 PM
Cristoff
2nd Gear Member

I have to agree with Nine here, to me it just looks like a bug, unfinished hole. To each his own and no disrespect to the designers, but it is definately not in my future. I'll stick with the CA edition - black, clean, and seems like it would protect the internals MUCH better than a wide open "mouth". And sorry for the oversized pic, I have no idea how to scale it down...

Last edited by Cristoff; 07-05-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:26 PM
Impact 5.0
2nd Gear Member

OK Jake that car just made me re-think doing the GT500 bumper with that grill and lower chin spoiler!
Old 07-08-2012, 10:08 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ninefooter
But if you look at my grille in my sig for example (not that it's my favorite), the horizontal chrome lines match the horizontal lines on the lights that light up, the angles of the chrome around the pony match the angle of the front end around it, the background of the grille matches the lower part. There's actually intentional design there and the lines go with the rest of of the surrounding cars design.

This one is literally a freaking black hole box cut into the middle of it. Has nothing to do with the amount of "plastic" it's the lack of design in it and in my opinion doesn't flow at all with the cars design. Whatever. I'm glad you guys like it I guess I'm just disappointed because I was hoping for something a bit more unique or different in an aftermarket part since there isn't much for 2013 yet anyway. If this sets the bar for other companies to manufacturer aftermarket parts at least it can only go up from here.
I have seen your grille in person on a car similar to yours and it is hideous! Maybe the worst looking grille ever! Regardless of v6 or not!
Old 07-09-2012, 08:39 AM
CDCSales
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Impact 5.0
OK Jake that car just made me re-think doing the GT500 bumper with that grill and lower chin spoiler!
It sure helps when the pictured Mustang is the same Deep Impact Blue, doesn't it?

The CDC Performance Grille and RTR Chin Spoiler is an aggressive combination. You would be very pleased with what this combo can do for your Mustang. Both products are going to be released a week from tomorrow if you're looking to make the transformation soon!

Quick Reply: The First 2013 Mustang with our new CDC Performance Grille!!