Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Body Shop Job Gone Wrong........

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 09:46 AM
TommyB681
2nd Gear Member

i vote get it away from those guys and to a new shop so no more damage gets done to the car. i would also let ford very aware of the experience
Old 09-27-2012, 10:02 AM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

I live less than five miles from Lindsay, and every experience I've had with them sucked. I was turned off so much, I'd probably never buy a car there, and their professionalism is 0. Plus they're asking more than MSRP for all of their Mustangs. I've had a much better experience with Koons. I didn't buy from them in the end, but they are better than Ted Britt or Lindsay. I hope you get this to work out for you.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:11 PM
stang8psi
1st Gear Member

I have had a similar situation In Delaware at Winner Ford of Dover on my previous 08 mustang. The car was not blended right because they switched methods of painting, The paint was the vapor metalic and it came out shades lighter than the original paint. So the car had to be re done because I told them I have a paint meter and I want all panels to match the same paint thickness and had to have the whole car re done to factory paint thickness specs. Needless to say 4 months later a ford rep From the painting Dept was flown in from Detroit to re spray the car!

Good luck in your sitiuation!

And OP don't try and wax your car after it has been painted! the paint has to have time to cure on the vehicle!
Old 09-27-2012, 05:18 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

LOL, first taking a car to a dealer for body work then having GEICO assessing the claim.
There could not be a more screwed up scenario than this!!
It's like going from worse to chaos.
That's what happens with these dealers as "Preferred" shops where the Insurance Cies have a Satellite office on their premises, and GEICO takes the cake really.
Same thing with Allstate owned Sterling shops, yikes!

Anyway, sorry to hear about your misfortune but I'd refuse to have the same idiots touching my car anymore and if GEICO has a problem with that, sue them. You'll win.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:40 PM
evanjp
1st Gear Member

stang8psi how did you handle that situation? I'm close to fighting for that, and where did you get a paint meter? The car obviously doesn't match.

I can't believe all these bad things I'm hearing about Lindsay. At first I was happy about finding a Ford dealership that was a preferred shop of theirs because I thought they would be able to treat my car right since it was a Ford and brand new. Obviously that's not the case. I need to talk to the Geico adjuster and let him know that Lindsay is not touching it again.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:02 PM
DRB
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by evanjp
DRB, did you get yours fixed at Lindsay Ford?
No, I wound up buying from Apple Ford. I took the car to Geico Express up on Tech Road off 29 (south of Cherry Hill) because I'd always had good experiences with them in the past. Of course, I'd never owned a car with this kind of metallic paint treatment, and their other repair work this time was okay as well. They just screwed the repaint.

BTW, when I've made accident reports to GEICO they always say that "you have the right to have the car repaired at any garage you choose."

What independent shop did you bring yours too?
LG Automotive on Philadelphia Ave in Silver Spring - they're listed as "Eddie's Auto Body" online (don't know the story, there). I thought their work was fine; the manager, Luis, is enthusiastic and really easy to deal with and was incredulous at the job that the other shop had done. They also painted and installed the styling bar on mine - based on my experience I recommend them highly.

There was overspray on my original repair as well - how does that happen with a bumper replacement? Don't they paint the part before they put it on (they certainly removed it and painted it separately at LG)?

Last edited by DRB; 09-27-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:07 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

The paint not matching isn't anything new and to correct this you have to blend the adjacent panel...
Although on a new car, you can get away without blending but not in your case apparently.
I'm sure they used the cheapest materials available on your car.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:21 PM
evanjp
1st Gear Member

They said they got an OEM fender and OEM fender (they had to order the bumper from Detroit, so they said).

I'm tempted to bring it to Eddies... I need this to be figured out. I need the same paint to be painted on and matched perfectly even if someone from the Ford factory has to come in and paint the entire car.

Well, the possibility of not even having to blend the paint because it's new really gets me pissed off because jesus christ, if that didn't have to be done, then I am really going to give that Geico adjuster hell. They basically just ruined my door and hood because of this, if it didn't have to be blended in.

I don't know if that is the same case for me since the guy has Geico, and they are paying for it. They better treat me right, because I'm really going to throw that guy Kevin over there at Lindsay (the Geico adjuster) a curveball and tell him HELL NO Lindsay is not touching my car, you're paying a professional to fix your careless, shotty job of a repaint and blend! I am just flaming mad right now I can't believe this crap.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:22 PM
evanjp
1st Gear Member

DRB, on a scale of 1-10 was the first repair/repaint and 1-10 what is your current repair/repaint?
Old 09-29-2012, 08:43 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by evanjp
They said they got an OEM fender and OEM fender (they had to order the bumper from Detroit, so they said).

I'm tempted to bring it to Eddies... I need this to be figured out. I need the same paint to be painted on and matched perfectly even if someone from the Ford factory has to come in and paint the entire car.
When I said cheapest materials I meant paint.
A cheap brand will never match as they don't have enough toners in their database to make the correct tints.
OEM fenders have a small Ford logo stamped on the inside edge under the hood.
No logo=no Ford part.

Quick Reply: Body Shop Job Gone Wrong........