Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

2013 Billet Grille.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Jay_C123
2nd Gear Member

Default 2013 Billet Grille.

Hey guys,
So i ordered the Retro Billet Grille for the 2013 Mustang GT from American Muscle. Upper and Lower. I started on saturday and finished sunday. Reasons being was because 1) Im not so mechanic smart. 2) I was having trouble figuring out how to keep my fog lights. Bumper, easy to take off. Honeycomb Grille was somewhat easy. Installation of the Retro grille easy as well. But as i tried to put back the fog lights I noticed the screws were to short. Went to Home Depot came back fog lights went in its original housing. Now to put on the bumper. No go. By this time is was already dark. And thought to try again in the morning. This morning I had a better view of why it couldn't fit. There was a something (plastic piece) in the way I had to cut and trim off. 4 times I had to "plug and play" with the front bumper just to see if it would actually snap back on. FINALLY it all snapped into place. I was soo happy and excited to witness my work. I still have to see it at night. But Im really happy with the results. BTW yes the Fog Lights are tinted. and yes my car is dirty too, needs to be cleaned

Name:  billetgrille2.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  122.6 KB

Name:  billetgrille.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  125.3 KB
Old 11-05-2012, 08:55 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Pretty nice mod... I like that the fogs are pretty well hidden until you turn them on. Good job installing.

Don
Old 11-05-2012, 10:13 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jay_C123
Hey guys,
So i ordered the Retro Billet Grille for the 2013 Mustang GT from American Muscle. Upper and Lower. I started on saturday and finished sunday. Reasons being was because 1) Im not so mechanic smart. 2) I was having trouble figuring out how to keep my fog lights. Bumper, easy to take off. Honeycomb Grille was somewhat easy. Installation of the Retro grille easy as well. But as i tried to put back the fog lights I noticed the screws were to short. Went to Home Depot came back fog lights went in its original housing. Now to put on the bumper. No go. By this time is was already dark. And thought to try again in the morning. This morning I had a better view of why it couldn't fit. There was a something (plastic piece) in the way I had to cut and trim off. 4 times I had to "plug and play" with the front bumper just to see if it would actually snap back on. FINALLY it all snapped into place. I was soo happy and excited to witness my work. I still have to see it at night. But Im really happy with the results. BTW yes the Fog Lights are tinted. and yes my car is dirty too, needs to be cleaned

Jay,

It looks great man, Awesome work! The feeling of success after you install something is the best.

I love the hidden fog lights. Keep up the great work with your car and let me know if you ever have any questions!

-Dan
Old 11-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Jay_C123
2nd Gear Member

Hey guys,
Thanks for the compliments and feedback. It was kinda tough getting it on but in the end it was totally worth it
Old 11-08-2012, 05:10 PM
FreddieG

Very nice!!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:32 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

I like it, it's different. Always good to see something a lil different.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:54 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

why did you remove the bumper to do this? Do you have pics with any better lighting?
Old 11-09-2012, 03:51 PM
TommyB681
2nd Gear Member

i like it nice work
Old 11-09-2012, 06:04 PM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
why did you remove the bumper to do this? Do you have pics with any better lighting?
you have to remove the bumper to get to everything. i just did mine and will be posting a thread tomorrow with pics and a video.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:58 PM
TheDivaDanielle
3rd Gear Member

Still lost since these attach to or replace the stock grille, and they just pull off

Quick Reply: 2013 Billet Grille.