Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

SHR Flushmount Louvers

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Dawghouse
2nd Gear Member

Default SHR Flushmount Louvers

So I got my SHR flush-mount louvers about a week or two ago took them to a Ford dealer to get them painted and installed. Used the dealer because they said that they had painted and installed them before. While in the shop I had a couple of dings fixed also. Well yesterday I went to go pick up my car after dropping it off on Monday. When they pull the car up first thing I noticed was they didn't install the louvers. They tell me they couldn't install them because they were afraid of cutting the trim. So I said fine I can either install them myself or find someone else. I go look at the paint job on the louvers and they painted them wrong. They painted the whole thing and didn't even block off the areas that they are suppose to. So now I have to wait till Monday for their manager to tell me they are going to buy me new ones and paint for free. Very frustrating to say the least. If you get these louvers you might want to instruct the paint guys or at least make sure they are on the same page. They didn't even look at the directions that were in the box, come on man. I just needed somewhere to vent.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:37 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dawghouse
So I got my SHR flush-mount louvers about a week or two ago took them to a Ford dealer to get them painted and installed. Used the dealer because they said that they had painted and installed them before. While in the shop I had a couple of dings fixed also. Well yesterday I went to go pick up my car after dropping it off on Monday. When they pull the car up first thing I noticed was they didn't install the louvers. They tell me they couldn't install them because they were afraid of cutting the trim. So I said fine I can either install them myself or find someone else. I go look at the paint job on the louvers and they painted them wrong. They painted the whole thing and didn't even block off the areas that they are suppose to. So now I have to wait till Monday for their manager to tell me they are going to buy me new ones and paint for free. Very frustrating to say the least. If you get these louvers you might want to instruct the paint guys or at least make sure they are on the same page. They didn't even look at the directions that were in the box, come on man. I just needed somewhere to vent.
I understand about the venting. I'd have the same need in that situation.

Hopefully they make good on at least replacing the set they ruined.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:20 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Dawghouse so sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience. At least they recognize their mistake and will be getting you a replacement set.

When I bought mine, I took it to the Ford Collision center here. I had to take the car in for a TSB on the hood so I thought while it was there, have them do the install. I showed the manager what I had and what I wanted done to it. He said they use a window man to do the install for that type of mod. I must say, they did a very good job. The guy who painted them said, he showed them to his mom who had a S197 Mustang too and now she wants a set.
Do post pictures when you get it done. It was one mod that I am glad I did.

Last edited by 07 Stang; 02-02-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:21 PM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

That's the pits man. I hope you get it right this time. I don't think they would make a very good looking block out panel, do you?

I have a question though. You were going to pay the Ford guys for painting them anyways, why didn't you just get them painted to match from SHR? Just wondering. Hope you get it fixed on Monday.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:31 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Man, that really stinks. I really want the SHR louvers, but they don't come painted to match with Red Candy Metallic. The main reason is my concern for having to cut the interior panels for the louvers. I hope they correct it and all ends well.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:22 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sbradle4
Man, that really stinks. I really want the SHR louvers, but they don't come painted to match with Red Candy Metallic. The main reason is my concern for having to cut the interior panels for the louvers. I hope they correct it and all ends well.
If you get a reputable company, they can match the color to factory specs. Why would you have to cut the interior panels for the louvers? I know I have an '07, but they did not cut mine and I don't think the '10's are that much of a difference ....are they?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 AM
Dawghouse
2nd Gear Member

I got them for a xmas present and they came unpainted didn't even realize that SHR sold them painted most sites only sell the non painted ones. For 10+ you have to cut the interior trim some to get them to fit in. Maybe I can get them just to refund my money and get the painted ones from SHR.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Dawghouse
2nd Gear Member

Just got back from the dealer they are going to send me a check to pay for a new set of louvers. Guess I will just buy them direct from SHR pre-painted this time no more confusion. Plus the dealer said he wouldn't paint the new ones.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:19 AM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Just got back from the dealer they are going to send me a check to pay for a new set of louvers. Guess I will just buy them direct from SHR pre-painted this time no more confusion. Plus the dealer said he wouldn't paint the new ones.
Love seeing when a company/dealer owns up to their mistake.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:13 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Glad they are taking ownership for what they did, and gonna pay for their mistakes....like I told you Saturday, I know several people there and they really are a good place to go.