Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

Next Mod - Gauge or Side Splitter?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 03:32 PM
dkpGTCS
2nd Gear Member

Default Next Mod - Gauge or Side Splitter?

I'm thinking of getting the AreoForce single gauge w/ the air vent holder or the Roush side splitters (side & rear) for my 2013 GT/GS.

I'm leaning towards the AreoForce gauge - any opinions?
Attached Thumbnails Next Mod - Gauge or Side Splitter?-areoforce-guage.jpg   Next Mod - Gauge or Side Splitter?-side-splitters.jpg  

Last edited by dkpGTCS; 02-22-2014 at 03:36 PM. Reason: oops. spelling
Old 02-23-2014, 07:04 AM
WuStangClan
1st Gear Member

I vote side splitters.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:43 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

I'm a little bias, but I say Roush Side Splitters.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:50 PM
dkpGTCS
2nd Gear Member

^ yeah, now that I've been looking more I'm leaning towards the splitters. Do you have the rear splitters? & if not, do you think it looks finished enough without? With my from splitter I didn't know if doing the side w/o the back pieces would give it an unfinished look.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:53 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by dkpGTCS
^ yeah, now that I've been looking more I'm leaning towards the splitters. Do you have the rear splitters? & if not, do you think it looks finished enough without? With my from splitter I didn't know if doing the side w/o the back pieces would give it an unfinished look.
I think it looks good without rear splitter and does not look unfinished, but I will be ordering the rear ones in the next couple of weeks and if you really want to finish it off, buy the front splitter also.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:53 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Side splitters, I love mine.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:31 PM
dkpGTCS
2nd Gear Member

Mine is on it's way. Ordered it last night and should have in a few days. Out of town from Saturday to Saturday so it will be a while before I put it on.

I have a California Special so I have a front splitter by default. I'm going to see how it looks without the rear before I order them.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:02 AM
B's 5.0
Banned

Originally Posted by dkpGTCS
Mine is on it's way. Ordered it last night and should have in a few days. Out of town from Saturday to Saturday so it will be a while before I put it on.

I have a California Special so I have a front splitter by default. I'm going to see how it looks without the rear before I order them.
Make sure to post up some pics when done. I think you will be pleased.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:50 AM
ModBargains
Former Sponsor

Go with the splitters!

TruFiber 2010-14 Mustang LG37 Carbon Fiber Side Skirt Diffuser Extensions

Old 02-26-2014, 09:42 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

OP.... When I put on the side splitters.... It always felt incomplete without the rear quarter splitters and the rear diffuser splitter. So I did two things... First I found a template for the Roush side spliitters and the RTR rear quarter splitters and diffuser splitter for my GT 500 rear valance. Bought $80 of 1/4 inch ABS plastic sheets and fabricated the splitters for the rear and sides. It came out looking nice... But I still wasn't satisfied with the edges. So I called CDC and got in touch with a sales rep who sold me just the splitters for the rear and sides without having to shell out for the pre-assembled RTR rear Valance. Apparently you can't find it anywhere unless its pre-assembled, but a call to CDC will get them for you for $199 Vs the $550 for the entire rear. The difference was the molded lip edge looked more polished. But also gave me a better idea of how to make that look happen on my home made splitters. So I'll likely use them again on my son's V6.

In the end I hope you're satisfied with the look of just the side splitters. ...

Also... if it comes down to functionality.... the gauge might have been more useful for you. But Aesthetically the splitters are a wow factor for the onlookers.

Just saying...

---

Quick Reply: Next Mod - Gauge or Side Splitter?