Notices
2010-current S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2010-2014 S197's

2014 Mustang V6 Lemans Stripes Sizing

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 03:34 PM
Toxcidic

Default 2014 Mustang V6 Lemans Stripes Sizing

Hi,
I have a 2014 Mustang V6 in sterling gray and am wanting to order some of the matte black Lemans style stripes from American Muscle. I am not sure on if I should get the 10" stripes or 12" stripes. I do not want them to be too thin as i prefer wider stripes, however I am worried that the 12" stripes may be awkwardly wide and take up way too much of the hood and rear of the car.

What size stripes are on the new 2013/14 GT500? I really like how those stripes look however the V6 hood is very bare which make stripes look even smaller in my opinion.

What are your opinions? Would 12" be too big? I actually really like how slick and classy my car looks without stripes, however I've wanted these stripes for quite awhile and am ready to see how it goes.

Thanks! Btw this is my first post here on the MustangForums and am excited about continuing my mustang knowledge from this site!

-Travis
Old 10-19-2015, 03:24 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Toxcidic - Welcome to MustangForums and good question here. I'm going to bump your thread so we can get a few more replies but right out of the gate I would personally shoot for the 12" LeMans Stripes because I can't even begind to count on two hands how many customers I've had turn around after getting the 10" and say they need to go big!

While I have nothing really personally against a 10" style with the size of the hood along with the car, they just look too small: Here's a 10" Set below.

Here's the 12"

Ultimately this is going to come down to personal preference; This is your car and you should mod it how you see fit.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'm here to help.

Alex
Old 10-19-2015, 03:39 PM
Toxcidic

Thanks for the reply! If I bought the stripes from American Muscle, do the stripes come separated or are both stripes together on the same sheet? The reason why I ask is because I'd like to change the spacing between the stripes so they are a little wider apart and cover more of the hood.

Originally Posted by AMAlexLazarus
Toxcidic - Welcome to MustangForums and good question here. I'm going to bump your thread so we can get a few more replies but right out of the gate I would personally shoot for the 12" LeMans Stripes because I can't even begind to count on two hands how many customers I've had turn around after getting the 10" and say they need to go big!

While I have nothing really personally against a 10" style with the size of the hood along with the car, they just look too small: Here's a 10" Set below.

Here's the 12"

Ultimately this is going to come down to personal preference; This is your car and you should mod it how you see fit.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'm here to help.

Alex
Old 10-20-2015, 08:54 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Toxcidic
Hi,
I have a 2014 Mustang V6 in sterling gray and am wanting to order some of the matte black Lemans style stripes from American Muscle. I am not sure on if I should get the 10" stripes or 12" stripes. I do not want them to be too thin as i prefer wider stripes, however I am worried that the 12" stripes may be awkwardly wide and take up way too much of the hood and rear of the car.

What size stripes are on the new 2013/14 GT500? I really like how those stripes look however the V6 hood is very bare which make stripes look even smaller in my opinion.

What are your opinions? Would 12" be too big? I actually really like how slick and classy my car looks without stripes, however I've wanted these stripes for quite awhile and am ready to see how it goes.

Thanks! Btw this is my first post here on the MustangForums and am excited about continuing my mustang knowledge from this site!

-Travis
The stripes that came on my 14 from Ford are:
At the grill end of the hood - 10"
At the windshield end of the hood - 11" ( you knew about the taper ? )

Old 10-21-2015, 12:09 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Toxcidic
Thanks for the reply! If I bought the stripes from American Muscle, do the stripes come separated or are both stripes together on the same sheet? The reason why I ask is because I'd like to change the spacing between the stripes so they are a little wider apart and cover more of the hood.

Toxic - Sorry about the delay and anytime.

Great question and they will be on the same sheet, but separated. (See below)

So you'll have the ability if you want to get them apart and space them apart any way you see fit.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'm here to help.

Alex

Name:  Stripes_zpswnzvuhjq.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  22.1 KB