Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 tunes received

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 09:10 PM
oldmountainman

Default tune

does the tune void the warr? I like having one, might even buy extended warr. I have the 3.31's. feels like gearing I like. only 1 found on lot, so I bought it.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by oldmountainman
does the tune void the warr? I like having one, might even buy extended warr. I have the 3.31's. feels like gearing I like. only 1 found on lot, so I bought it.
well, no. Especially since you can put the tune back to stock anytime you want with the tuner it comes with. Just dont tell the dealer information that they dont 'need' to know
Old 12-14-2010, 10:17 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bokeo
well, no. Especially since you can put the tune back to stock anytime you want with the tuner it comes with. Just dont tell the dealer information that they dont 'need' to know
Exactly. Once you return to stock, the dealership cannot prove that you've had an aftermarket tune in. They can see that the keep alive memory or KAM memory has been erased. However, this is the same thing that happens when you unhook the negative terminal on your battery cable for any period of time.

So what you can do is simply tell them that you unhooked your batter cable. Or you can drive the car for approximately 50 miles or so (not just highway driving, but all sorts of driving) and at that point, they can't tell that ANYTHING has been done.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:19 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by snaf2u
I do have 1 thought on that(that`s all thats allowed in my head at once).

I wonder if the performance and race tunes do less on the very lowest range of rpm`s and give us more on the top. If that is actually tha case(Can you shed light on this AMChris?), It could be the 2.73`s cause the car to actually take longer to hit the rpm`s where power starts to come on. I know my race tune felt weak at lower rpm and proved to be a little slower on the 1/4. If so, and I am guessing, with no evidence, then gears would help that.

As I have said before, this is a new and very technical engine and as the tuners gain more experience I believe the tunes will improve a great deal.

I am a patient man and as long as they increase our rwph and torque by 50% by tomorrow I will be satisfied! (jk of course)
You're correct that the Performance and Race tunes don't give as much low-end emphasis. They are going to definitely gain a little low end, but mid-range power and top-end power are where they will shine (top-end especially with the race tune). We've integrated some tricks from the boss calibration down low on all our 2011 stuff that will really kick up the low end torque!
Old 12-15-2010, 04:27 PM
snaf2u
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
You're correct that the Performance and Race tunes don't give as much low-end emphasis. They are going to definitely gain a little low end, but mid-range power and top-end power are where they will shine (top-end especially with the race tune). We've integrated some tricks from the boss calibration down low on all our 2011 stuff that will really kick up the low end torque!
Chris; thank you once again for your response. When I get the `11 out this spring I`ll get new tunes from you. I will bet what you have learned over that time will make a definate difference in the performance of my vert. The 93 performance tune I have did well but better is good!!!

I have installed 3.55`s since my last run at the track but I`ll run both new and old tunes and post `em up. It should be interesting.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:10 AM
D BERRY
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ufstang
How are you getting your times? I've got the diablosport trinity which does 0-60s and the best I have done so far (out of 3 times, lol) is a 6.16. Thats with 3.31 and the 93 Octane bama tune. My best 1/4 so far has been a 13.93 btw but that was with the diablosport tune.

This thread is a wonderful read though and I love how the auto's dont seem to be having much of a problem keeping up with the 6MTs. Kinda frustrating to see snaf2u posting quicker 0-60's in a tuned, 2.73, auto vert compared to my 3.31 6Mt but I know I just need to work on the driver mod. And my frustration is just jealousy anyways, lol.

Well I was getting them with a hand held stopwatch, just about the most innacurate method available I'm sure. Now I have a GPS device that checks my times and speeds. Don't know how accurate it is but it's bound to be better than the stopwatch method. Last time I checked it the GPS said 0-60 in 4.84 seconds and 1/4 mile in 13.62 at 101.3. My problem now is it's about 200 miles to the nearest 1/4 mile track.