Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 tunes received

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 06:18 AM
stang11v6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by downshift808
Awesome review man!
How much did the gears+install run you?
I put 3.73 in my stang. Had dealer put them in. Cost was just over $800 at dealer. Yes the car is much faster. With all traction on, not much wheel spin but that is how it should be. If I turn off traction and advance trac, I can get a lot of wheel spin. MPG is not my goal with this car though I do still get mid 20's hwy and city is in low 20's. That is with the performance tune from Bama. The tune does correct speedo and odometer. I belong to a mustang club and if they ever have a track day I will go and see what it can do. The car is a blast to drive. Original gears were 2.73. Since I bought off the lot I did not have a gear choice, meaning 3.31.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:12 PM
snaf2u
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by downshift808
Awesome review man!
How much did the gears+install run you?
Mine was about $875 total. When I bought the vert there was no gear choice avalible. Mine is put away for the winter now but I`ll hit the track next spring and see what difference it really makes. I do know I can go full bore from a 1500 rpm runup on the trans and do not spin on cool blacktop. Just a "scrub" as I said before. I should finish the 1/4 in third gear just before it shifts.

Thanks for the compliment also. Nice to know people actually read this stuff.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:30 PM
D BERRY
1st Gear Member

Default Bama tunes

I just uploaded the 91 octane tune in my 2011 v6 coupe and am very pleased. When I got the car it ran an average of 6.06 from zero to sixty. Put 3.55 gears in it and it went to an average of 5.72. The tunes have brought the time down to an average of 5.06, to be honest I didn't expect any real seat of the pants feel but wow! The shifts are much better and the car feels like it jumps right out from under you when it hits 3000 RPMs. I haven't even checked the other tunes yet but so far I'd say it about the best investment I ever made for the performance gained. Can't wait til spring now.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:25 PM
D BERRY
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by snaf2u
Radioguy, I have a SCT tuner from AM-Bama with 3 tunes in it. I am running the 91 street tune and that allowed me to make the correction for the 3.55. All 3 tunes allow a choice of most all common rear axle ratios. The dealer said the Tech people didn`t have a correction for 3.55. But I do thanks to Bama. The corrections are spot on according to a gps.

There were no changes to the transmission. the shift points remain at the same rpm`s but are about 30% sooner than stock. Instead of 48, 85, and 131mph they are now 37, 68 and 102, (for 1st,2nd,3rd.) about perfect for the 1/4.
I've heard of other people checking a speedo via a GPS unit. Does yours have the capability of testing 60 foots and 1/4 mile times and speeds. I had a outfit years ago that did that using an accelerometer and was wildly inaccurate. I hear that one of the Diablo units has that capability, but is a little pricey for my taste. If anyone makes something along these lines I'd be happy with a heads up.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:48 PM
snaf2u
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by D BERRY
I've heard of other people checking a speedo via a GPS unit. Does yours have the capability of testing 60 foots and 1/4 mile times and speeds. I had a outfit years ago that did that using an accelerometer and was wildly inaccurate. I hear that one of the Diablo units has that capability, but is a little pricey for my taste. If anyone makes something along these lines I'd be happy with a heads up.
Nope, I just use a $100 Garmin GPS which I use on some trips. I know thru some checking that it is within 1 MPH in accuracy. The only way I have measured my 1/4`s and 60`s is on the race track.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:37 AM
D BERRY
1st Gear Member

Thanks, I appreciate your reply. Since the strips are closed for the winter I'm stuck with a stopwatch now. Still after the gears and the Bama street tune I'm getting 4.60s on my 60 MPH times. That is an average of course.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:49 PM
snaf2u
2nd Gear Member

Thanks, I appreciate your reply. Since the strips are closed for the winter I'm stuck with a stopwatch now. Still after the gears and the Bama street tune I'm getting 4.60s on my 60 MPH times. That is an average of course.
Way quicker than mine! 5.3-5.5 is about it for this vert.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:54 AM
ufstang
1st Gear Member

How are you getting your times? I've got the diablosport trinity which does 0-60s and the best I have done so far (out of 3 times, lol) is a 6.16. Thats with 3.31 and the 93 Octane bama tune. My best 1/4 so far has been a 13.93 btw but that was with the diablosport tune.

This thread is a wonderful read though and I love how the auto's dont seem to be having much of a problem keeping up with the 6MTs. Kinda frustrating to see snaf2u posting quicker 0-60's in a tuned, 2.73, auto vert compared to my 3.31 6Mt but I know I just need to work on the driver mod. And my frustration is just jealousy anyways, lol.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:37 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

do the 11's come with a LSD?
i assume they do since i would imagine you would do that when you do the gears
Old 12-06-2010, 04:47 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

yes they have as they say in the book, "limited slip axle"

Quick Reply: 2011 tunes received