Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

DAAAAAAAAMN

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 06:44 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

no offense, We could use our stangs to tow pacers and chevies lmao
Old 10-26-2010, 07:21 AM
Musclejunkie

Let me rephrase my comment to clarify for the critics,,,,,Aside from the need for the towing or cargo hauling or passenger hauling capacities found in a truck or SUV or large sedan, and aside from those aspiring to pinch every penny out of their wallet for gas, it baffles me why anyone would drive anything but a Mustang.

Last night I took my sweetheart to the store to pick up a few things. I actually looked forward to the trip. I thought I was going to Mars, not Kroger. This car looks and drives like a spaceship at night. The dealer had adjusted my dash lights to match the grabber blue exterior to a "T". This is by far, the most fun car I have ever owned.

I'm not slamming SUV's, Trucks or hybrids or large sedans for those who actually NEED them, but it does blow my mind why people drive those cars for any reason other than NEED. Especially large, gas sucking, four double ya D trucks. How many times do these folks actually go "off-road" with them and how often do you see one towing anything but a goat ropin, beer chuggin, country music lovin cowpoke and a gun rack? I despise having these vehicles, blinding me and my stang on the road. I'll eat em alive on the highway or twisty road. Of course if I saw the need for a different type of vehicle, or aspired to be a counry cowpoke, it would be a FORD. I'm sold.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:30 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Hey the people that spend the 40,000 for a 45 mpg hybrid are just as bad, unless you drive 200 miles a day you will never recoupe the 15,000 extra for a hybrid, unless you kept it for 12 years lol.....15,000 buys a lot of gas, and how many you been passed doing 70 buy a prius?, good thing they don't have the horse power.
Old 10-26-2010, 10:11 PM
V6.P.Pack

Yep this is a great car,I only have it a week or so but man-O-man this is a fun car.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:06 PM
LTDan
1st Gear Member

Glad to hear you're so enthusiastic about your new car. I love mine too. Similar setup to yours. I went from a 2007 Corolla to this car. This car is obviously much more fun to drive. The only things I miss are the gas milage (went from 29-30 MPG average to about 20.5-21 MPG average) and the extra space inside for the occasional 3rd or 4th passenger.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:57 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

well can tell this, what you spend on insurance will make up for the gas.....cuz I went from 2007 corrolla too , to a 2010 GT MUSTANG, then fell in love with the '11 v6, and insurance was less than toyota for the '10 GT and now even less.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:48 AM
Musclejunkie

No kidding about the insurance. What is it about Jap cars? My '04 Acura which had no lien, cost me more to insure than this new Mustang. When I bought the car in '04, I had to shop around for a sane price for insurance. Is this an underhanded way to punish the imports or are they THAT unsafe?

Regardless, this new Mustang is 10X the car I had before. Larger and heavier too. The Acura was pretty quick for a rice burner, but no contest with the Mustang.

Did I mention......I LOVE the exhaust on the '11 Mustang! Sounds menacing when you tromp on it and quiet as a church mouse when you back off for cruising.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:31 AM
LTDan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
well can tell this, what you spend on insurance will make up for the gas.....cuz I went from 2007 corrolla too , to a 2010 GT MUSTANG, then fell in love with the '11 v6, and insurance was less than toyota for the '10 GT and now even less.
I pay about the same for insurance. I wasn't paying much to begin with. I costs a bit more to register though. CA isn't a cheap place to register a car. Don't get me wrong, I still love this car. I had an old mustang when I was in high school and always wanted to get another one. I finally made enough to buy one, so I did. While I say I miss the extra passenger volume of the corolla, it is nice to have an excuse to make someone else drive everywhere .
Old 10-29-2010, 07:59 AM
Musclejunkie

Originally Posted by LTDan
I pay about the same for insurance. I wasn't paying much to begin with. I costs a bit more to register though. CA isn't a cheap place to register a car. Don't get me wrong, I still love this car. I had an old mustang when I was in high school and always wanted to get another one. I finally made enough to buy one, so I did. While I say I miss the extra passenger volume of the corolla, it is nice to have an excuse to make someone else drive everywhere .
LMAO Ya, the back seat is quite funny. In fact I'd like to remove mine and just use it as a luggage compartment. I looked back there the other day for the first time and realized that unless you had toothpicks for legs, you had 0 legroom in the back seat. Wonder why Ford never made this a two seater like the Vette.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:33 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

LOL You say that about the back seat, but to be truthful, I made the dealer drive the car for the test drive, I did not want to drive until I owned it, the 100# wife sat up front, me 230 6'0 sat in back and I was not uncomfortable, matter of fact felt good when he got on it, like being in a rocket shot into space LOL