Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Had a thought about our EPS and Supercharging

Old 11-12-2010, 07:16 AM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Default Had a thought about our EPS and Supercharging

Are we lucky that Ford went with an electronic pwr steering setup on the 2011's? Shouldn't this help make the potential superchargers more efficient and less prone to issues like belt slippage etc.?

I once supercharged an Acura RSX Type-S. While some of the issue might have been due to the location and angle we were stuck with, the issues of slipping belts and broken tensioners was something we were always troubled with. I finally got so sick of it that I went down a less traveled route which was to source an EPS rack from a late model Civic Si.

Just thinking out loud. Maybe I'm over thinking it and the hydraulic pwr steering isn't really an issue for 05-10 setups. I can't stop thinking about it and fully anticipate going SC'd once I see what transpires. I am excited to see how this plays out. I'd like to see an intercooled setup as well. There was a lack of space on the Acura for an intercooler which made heat a major obstacle as well. It made it almost pointless to go above 11psi. My intercooler solution was a, ahem, 75 shot of laughing gas. That helped a bit.

Thoughts?

Last edited by wrxified; 11-12-2010 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:19 AM
a_guerrajr
1st Gear Member

NO Idea

but lets get the s/c first