Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

BAMA tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 10:46 PM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Default BAMA tune

Just got my Bama tune.. it was better than I thought. The car feels more responsive and aggressive. All I need to do is to actually race the constant variable, (best friend's firehawk), and see where I stand. Other than that, I am running the 93 race tune and I am still getting great MPG, as for power its as good as it will get. Its not OMFG!@$#%^&$^*%$^#%#$!@#%#^%&^%*%&^&$%^#$%@# as many people like to say it is, but it is nice. Props to American muscle to sending me the tune in 3 days. Thats awesome.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:13 AM
LTDan
1st Gear Member

Hey, by any chance, do you have the manual trans in your car? I'm wanting to get a tune, but all the reviews I've read on them is using an auto trans. And it sounds like these tunes do a WHOLE lot more to make the auto feel faster. I'm wondering if I'll see the same results with a manual trans as others are seeing on their autos.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:41 AM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

I have a 6 speed manual.
Old 12-05-2010, 12:41 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LTDan
Hey, by any chance, do you have the manual trans in your car? I'm wanting to get a tune, but all the reviews I've read on them is using an auto trans. And it sounds like these tunes do a WHOLE lot more to make the auto feel faster. I'm wondering if I'll see the same results with a manual trans as others are seeing on their autos.
I can't speak from personal experience but from the manual owners I have talked to about getting tunes, many of them really love the tunes as well so I'd say it's still worth the investment. You'll feel more so just the power that is added with a tune, the reason so many auto owners really preach for a tune is because the stock auto gets the name "slushbox" for a reason, and the tune really sharpens the shift points and puts them in better places
Old 12-05-2010, 06:26 AM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Chris from AM almost always ignores any posts I ask about the V6 manual. I think they are getting impressive numbers simply by changing the auto transmission shift points. Since they haven't mentioned anything about a CAI in their tests I'm sure they haven't touched the MAF yet which is where there manual owners will see their gains. They probably don't want to publicly say anything to tip their competitors off.