Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

JLT intake for 2011v6

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 09:02 PM
ufstang
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
They dyno'd before and after that day and that was first '10 the ever did....pre'10 mustang were not a true cold, was what they called ram air from what ford said, they said the '10 was first true cai by ford, and tuner agreed, he said damn the stock system is accually great, but the jlt cleaned up....I'm stick w / stock everything for now.I don't want JLT on my case, but there have been stock v6's on this site, dyno'd bone stock and were getting these numbers as JLT posted in that article "
The next few pulls were amazing, the car responded very well and power jumped to 254 RWHP and 234 RWTQ"

I'm not saying nothing here but someone feeding us something...I think one guy on here said he put down 251 or more stock? anyone remember that?
I'm not exactly sure which guy you may be talking about but when diablosport tuned my car they did a baseline dyno in which I produced 258Hp/247TQ so I find this JLT claim to be fishy. Also their baseline dyno was 238hp which means they had a 22% drivetrain loss which seems like a lot to me.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:22 PM
a_guerrajr
1st Gear Member

they did the dyon on 3rd gear, that affects the power a lot.

honestly they are the only CAI company to even make a video, so they got the rest beat.

so the averago dyno puts down around 260HP, plus this intake 11-14HP . it should be around 270HP+

you guys should read up on TMS, about the details.

Last edited by a_guerrajr; 12-10-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:56 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ufstang
I'm not exactly sure which guy you may be talking about but when diablosport tuned my car they did a baseline dyno in which I produced 258Hp/247TQ so I find this JLT claim to be fishy. Also their baseline dyno was 238hp which means they had a 22% drivetrain loss which seems like a lot to me.
maybe was you talking about but I knew someone had same numbers stock, so like i said, you have your base, do you have a cai now, if not be our tester see if you got to 270 ?
Old 12-11-2010, 08:46 AM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

JLT's test car was an auto as well, doesnt it lose alittle more than a manual? Anywho, we need someone to be a geniea pig and go get dyno'd =)
Old 12-11-2010, 11:34 AM
a_guerrajr
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bokeo
JLT's test car was an auto as well, doesnt it lose alittle more than a manual? Anywho, we need someone to be a geniea pig and go get dyno'd =)
I asked him of the non carbon fiber finish was coming out. Hopefully that one is a bit cheaper.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:12 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Jay just tested the prototype on my car today. My stock numbers came out higher than the automatic but with the CAI installed I got 3hp less and 2ftlbs more than the automatic did. He says they should be available sometime after the holidays. I'm sure he will update his website with the data he got from my car. I would like him to run my car on 93 octane because I had 87 in the tank when e tested my car.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:44 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hogasswild
Jay just tested the prototype on my car today. My stock numbers came out higher than the automatic but with the CAI installed I got 3hp less and 2ftlbs more than the automatic did. He says they should be available sometime after the holidays. I'm sure he will update his website with the data he got from my car. I would like him to run my car on 93 octane because I had 87 in the tank when e tested my car.
Good to hear. Do you have a tune and what gear did he run pulls in?
Old 12-11-2010, 08:50 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

I'm completely stock. He tried to test in 5th gear but hit the rev limiter, so ended up settling on 4th. I don't know why his numbers are lower than what others are reporting other than the equipment being used, but at least our numbers were similar using the same machine. I emailed him about it since I didn't think to ask about it in person.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:10 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

Trying to follow you here hogasswild, are you saying you did not see the HP increase they said they advertised..........if you did today and weather in VA is anything like here in nc, raining and cold not best time to do?
Old 12-11-2010, 09:13 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
Trying to follow you here hogasswild, are you saying you did not see the HP increase they said they advertised..........if you did today and weather in VA is anything like here in nc, raining and cold not best time to do?
I'll let him answer but I believe he meant his peak HP and TQ was 3 less and 2 more respectively than Jay's auto. What I'm not sure about though is he said his stock numbers were more than their stock auto run. So I don't know how much he picked up total.

Quick Reply: JLT intake for 2011v6