Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

JLT intake for 2011v6

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 09:18 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

I'm just speaking from real life experience, the '11 v6 stock cai is not that restrictive that putting a aftermarket cai without a tune dropped in too is going to give you 10+ hp , you would have to tune that computer somewhat, cause as with my '10 GT the switch to the jlt did not give me the 12+ hp until they dropped a tune as well. so keep us informed. I'm waiting for procharger to come out w/ a system.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:25 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Sorry if I'm not being clear. I'm typing from my iPad and tend to leave things out. It looks like from his initial test I had a 10hp and a 10ftlbs increase. If you go to his website you will see the automatic testbed numbers. With weather being what it is and that I have 87 octane in the tank maybe he could have seen greater numbers. I can't really speak for that.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:29 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

By the way he did create a tune profile for my car with the CAI installed and the gave another 7-8 hp but 24 (from stock) in some spots where it smoothed out the power curve. Additionally from looking at the dyno chart there were no losses in any part of the power band you sometimes get when switching out intakes.

Last edited by hogasswild; 12-11-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:36 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

well if you get +10 then maybe worth it, wonder how a tune would affect, wonder if bama would be able to do a tune w/ that jlt cai. i think they can write for bbk. before worry about that i need get my car back, hope to get by jan. 3rd
Old 12-11-2010, 09:40 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Like I said the tune profile he created showed another 7-8 hp and 5ftlb extra over just the CAI. So total increase with the CAI and tune would be about 17 hp and 15 ftlbs over stock. He has posted the automatic data so I'm certain he will do the same for my car.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:53 PM
wrxified
2nd Gear Member

Those were the numbers I had in my mind that I wanted to see in order to jump on the CAI. I've been kind of worried about the sound. Added to my Magnaflow Competition catback I'm thinking this is going to be loud. I need 15hp to make it worth it in my mind.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:54 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Those numbers definitely put you closer to the 2010 GT numbers. I really would like just an 87 octane and a 93 octane tune and I'd be happy. I have some other mods in mind but they won't affect tuning.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:25 AM
a_guerrajr
1st Gear Member

it sounds like a good bang for your buck at the moment. how much is a tune adding? 15HP?
Old 12-12-2010, 08:09 AM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

We didn't really discuss price. I know he has said in other forums the intake would be under $300, so I'm sure tuning prices will be competitive.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Tucker

Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
i had one of the first ones from them on my '10 gt but to be brutally honest, it looked good but it did not give me more than 3 hp more on my '10......pricey..
Originally Posted by 6+6 Stang
I'm just speaking from real life experience, the '11 v6 stock cai is not that restrictive that putting a aftermarket cai without a tune dropped in too is going to give you 10+ hp , you would have to tune that computer somewhat, cause as with my '10 GT the switch to the jlt did not give me the 12+ hp until they dropped a tune as well. so keep us informed. I'm waiting for procharger to come out w/ a system.
Very confused by these 2 posts.
To me it sounds like you added the CAI without a tune, but then added the tune and gained 12+? Is that correct?
Well then you gained exactly what we claim. The CAI can NOT be used on the 2010 without a tune. It's a CAI and tune package and advertised that way.
The 2010 GT is a tough one because Ford gained 15 from there CAI and we normally gain 20-30 on a 05-09 GT, so on the 2010 we only get that 12-15 HP that Ford left on the table.
Originally Posted by Grabber2012
JLT also claimed "11-14 HP" for their Mach 1 intake, which seemed exorbitant. Seems no matter which application, it's always "11-14 HP."
No, not really.
MACH I RAI 12-14
CAI 14-16
and so on down out line.
We test each and every kit we produce and never post gains that any easy test can't repeat. The problem is (just like some are asking other to do here) is you can't test products different days. Your car will dyno a different number almost every run, let alone different days.
You MUST baseline your car the same day and then add the part. That's a true before and after. If done this way all of our claims are right on par. Put it this way, it's too easy to do for us to make false claims and be called out.
You can't base line your car one day, then add a part and go back weeks or months later and expect the difference to be what's claimed. Weather, dynos and the cars ability to make tune changes will effect the numbers.
Originally Posted by ufstang
I'm not exactly sure which guy you may be talking about but when diablosport tuned my car they did a baseline dyno in which I produced 258Hp/247TQ so I find this JLT claim to be fishy. Also their baseline dyno was 238hp which means they had a 22% drivetrain loss which seems like a lot to me.
Was that SAE, uncorrected, STD or what?
not every car will dyno the same on every dyno all over the country.
Most shops will use uncorrected or STD numbers as there higher. It makes the customer happy.
Uncorrected my V6 auto and manual numbers are right there, so nothings fishy here.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts,

Jay

Quick Reply: JLT intake for 2011v6