Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

pulling the trigger

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 06:35 AM
Alien
1st Gear Member

Default pulling the trigger

Hey guys, I am about to pull the trigger on an exhaust for the stang. I had in mind either the mrt which is an axleback or the magnaflow competition series catback. Looking at how the stock exhaust is pretty good, is the other piece to complete the catback any better than stock or is the axleback enough? Is the magnaflow piece better than stock?
Old 12-18-2010, 07:10 AM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

I have a borla axel back but never dynoe'd before or after install so I do not know. Getting the catback instead of jus the axelback might net u a small amount of hp/torque but I can't say for sure. Just get the exhaust that you prefer the sound from because u will be listening to it daily.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Alien
1st Gear Member

Well I would like a pretty loud exhaust. I am guessing both being straight through would be pretty loud. I have heard both on youtube but its never the same in person. Not so many good sounding videos of the magnaflow on youtube
Old 12-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

yeah, i posted 2 videos on youtube of my car and the sound doesnt do it justice like in person. I heard the few vids of the magnaflow and i didnt like how it sounded, but it could sound better live. Is your car an auto or manual?
Old 12-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Alien
1st Gear Member

Manual
Old 12-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

ok well if your budget allows, id check out the ATAK borla system for our cars.. Its the loudest system borla has for our cars and you can get the axelback or catback. I opted for the S-type myself because I wanted something in between and couldnt love it more.

Also, I think bassani just released a system and I think they have some sound clips somewhere online so that could be worth checking out too.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:41 PM
whammo911

I love my mrt axleback exaust. The sound is great...Really wakes up the vehicle sound wise. Probally not the loudest but pretty darn loud. My gas mileage went down considerably though, I love being able to hear this engine roar.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:54 AM
gettingspeedy

i have the borla atak axle back, not really impressed with the sound, honestly, id sell it and put the factory back on if someone wanted it
Old 12-20-2010, 04:43 AM
Alien
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by gettingspeedy
i have the borla atak axle back, not really impressed with the sound, honestly, id sell it and put the factory back on if someone wanted it
why are you not impressed? is it not loud enough? or is it just that you dont like the sound?
Old 12-20-2010, 10:30 AM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gettingspeedy
I'm listening. Why exactly? Also how much are you selling it for?

Quick Reply: pulling the trigger