Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 v6 headers..?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Judged88

Originally Posted by wrxified
I so badly want to hear the Borla Long Tube/Atak sound clip. Please do a video.
+1^

I've been holding back on getting BBK header/x pipe due to all the complaints about the rasping and rattle :-/
Old 06-01-2011, 06:42 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
could you make your signature larger? Its hard to see.
We'll fix that for him pronto.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:04 PM
JH26

Originally Posted by Judged88
+1^

I've been holding back on getting BBK header/x pipe due to all the complaints about the rasping and rattle :-/
I can honestly tell you that the rasping and the rattling is HORRIBLE with the LT's and an O/R X pipe. The sound that I had pictured in my head when I bought the headers and the ATAK were nothing like this. After having the exhaust on for 2 days, and in those 2 days of driving less than 50 miles, I got pulled over for the noise. So I took it and had resonators installed on it, and it sounds so much better now, even though im not sure if I like the tone of the ATAK.

If I knew what I know now, I probably would have just got the BBK's with a catted x-pipe.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:21 PM
stang11v6
2nd Gear Member

I have the BBK with catted X pipe. And yes I complained to BBK several times about that rattle you get upon heavier exceleration. They did NOTHING or suggested nothing. So I did some research and took my car to a custom exhaust shop here in K.C. They did drive it and heard it. They installed a resonator , two, and believe it or not , that took care of 95% or more of the rattle sound. I believe it is coming from their catted X pipe. I have had several people ride in my car and drive my car. I now get nothing but praise and awesome comments.

So if you are willing to go the extra mile BBK is worth it. To me at least. Performance results,,,got to say, great.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:16 AM
Judged88

Originally Posted by stang11v6
I have the BBK with catted X pipe. And yes I complained to BBK several times about that rattle you get upon heavier exceleration. They did NOTHING or suggested nothing. So I did some research and took my car to a custom exhaust shop here in K.C. They did drive it and heard it. They installed a resonator , two, and believe it or not , that took care of 95% or more of the rattle sound. I believe it is coming from their catted X pipe. I have had several people ride in my car and drive my car. I now get nothing but praise and awesome comments.

So if you are willing to go the extra mile BBK is worth it. To me at least. Performance results,,,got to say, great.
Ok so it seems the resonators get rid of the rattle but what about the sound? Is the pitch/tone still good or does it just sound too high pitched? I absolutely love the sound of my ATAKs but I don't want to ruin it by getting the bbk headers. I wonder if Borla will ever release their headers or if anyone else will be producing any.
Old 06-08-2011, 08:33 PM
stang11v6
2nd Gear Member

with the magnaflow mufflers it is actually more of a deep pitch sound.
My wife says it reminds her of my 2007 Fatboy with my V&H pipes.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:00 PM
MarkThorn
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stang11v6
with the magnaflow mufflers it is actually more of a deep pitch sound.
My wife says it reminds her of my 2007 Fatboy with my V&H pipes.
That's a good reference!
Old 06-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Stainless Works
Former Sponsor

I am not trying to jump in here too much, but I figured this is a good time to show off our Retro Chambered exhaust specifically built for the 2011 V6. Sound was very important to us when we engineered this system. Our goal was to produce a deeper rumble and to give the V6 a heavier bass note. The standard Turbo style muffler was too raspy and hi-pitched. The Chambered round muffler worked out perfect, proving to be the solution for creating a unique sound. It uses 4 mufflers, two for additional sound control (resonators).

Part No. M12V6CB
2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 2.5" 304 SS Dual Exhaust with X-pipe, retro chambered mufflers and mirror polished 304 SS 4" slash cut conical double wall tips.
Includes hangers and clamps and mates to the factory connection point behind x-pipe.

Muffler Specs:
3" Body, 18" Long
2" Performance Core
2.5" Outlets/Inlets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM2ZUlJq_WE
Old 11-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Abushehab
1st Gear Member

Is it true if you install any headers it will void your engine warranty?
Old 11-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Stainless Works
Former Sponsor

not sure......maybe check with a local dealership or with Ford directly.