Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2011 v6 headers..?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Fintile12

Dealers will always tell you that ANY modifications void your warrenty. Technically you are not changing how the engine operates internally so there shouldn't be any issues with warrenty should the engine decide not to function in the way it is supposed to...however removing any sensors or removing the cats might be an issue with its emissions. I say check with emissions laws first. Then if you have any SMOG or safety check stations do a quick test and see how it works out. More often than not if it's street legal, it can't void your warrenty. That's just my 2 cents.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Fintile12

Also I wish someone would make some shortty headers just to replace the stock exhaust manifolds. I'd like to keep my stock cats and stock piping for CA SMOG reasons.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:06 PM
WORKISSLOW
2nd Gear Member

That video from Stainless works sounded good but..
I was wondering what you get out of the various exhaust modifications besides just a better sound?

are you guys feeling more power coming on?

or is anyone getting there cars dynoed before and after?

Do any of the after market set ups save on weight?
Old 11-10-2011, 06:47 AM
Stainless Works
Former Sponsor

Less restriction is one of the main advantages besides sound. This translates into increased throttle response which means less fuel is needed. Starting from a dead stop requires less pedal effort to get the car moving.

Smooth mandrel bends means smooth transition of exhaust gasses which makes greater power throughout the entire rpm range
Old 11-14-2011, 04:30 PM
regalt87

I am very pleased with the American Racing SS headers, high flow cats and X pipe. It was raspy loud with there V8 mufler so they sent me resanotors and I installed the factory mufflers.

Very high quality and great fit. Also Nick is a great guy to do business with.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:28 AM
toledo5189

Originally Posted by regalt87
I am very pleased with the American Racing SS headers, high flow cats and X pipe. It was raspy loud with there V8 mufler so they sent me resanotors and I installed the factory mufflers.

ARH for the 2011 v6? Can you post a video when you get a chance I'm curious is to how they sound.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Wdsoccer102005

Did you have the resonators installed before or after the x pipe?

Originally Posted by JH26
I can honestly tell you that the rasping and the rattling is HORRIBLE with the LT's and an O/R X pipe. The sound that I had pictured in my head when I bought the headers and the ATAK were nothing like this. After having the exhaust on for 2 days, and in those 2 days of driving less than 50 miles, I got pulled over for the noise. So I took it and had resonators installed on it, and it sounds so much better now, even though im not sure if I like the tone of the ATAK.

If I knew what I know now, I probably would have just got the BBK's with a catted x-pipe.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:10 PM
ant speed

Originally Posted by regalt87

this is the route i'll be going but i see they do not have the 3.7 even on their site. who did you order your ARH LT's from?