Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2013 V6 Steeda tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2012, 02:20 PM
jonb2

Default 2013 V6 Steeda tune

Hi,
Just thought I'd give others with a 2013 Mustang V6 some feedback on tunes for their vehicle. I recently purchased 2013 V6, auto, and definitely felt that it needed some more power, especially in the lower end. I read dozens of articles for Mustang tuners on this as well as other forums and decided why not give it a try.

After more research, I wanted to give Bama/American Muscle a try first but it appears that they did not have tunes available yet. So, I waited a couple weeks and the tunes are still in the R&D phase. I decided to check out some other companies and eventually ended up with Steeda because I have no patience and just couldn't wait any longer. Well all I can say is that I'm very happy with my choice.

Ordered the 87 and 91 octane tunes. 1st went with 87 and it really woke the car up! Can't say I noticed a huge power improvement, but the driveability was really improved...very smooth response throughout. The lower end did gain some too and the car just became overall more enjoyable and responsive to drive. Then tried out the 91 tune...and I felt a really nice power gain over the 87 while still maintaining the good driveability of the 87 tune.

Anyways, I can recommend Steeda as a good alternative if you're impatient like me and can't wait. There are also other tuners out there for 2013 too so you can check those out. I called up a couple times and probably had four or five emails with Steeda with questions and they were always very responsive and answered emails quickly. Contact over there was Matt Levine and I can recommend his customer service.
Jon
Old 06-29-2012, 03:54 PM
WindyMustang
2nd Gear Member

Cool! Did you add their CAI at the same time?
Old 06-29-2012, 03:59 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Glad to hear you are satisfied! I passed your comments along to Matt.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:45 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jonb2
Hi,
Just thought I'd give others with a 2013 Mustang V6 some feedback on tunes for their vehicle. I recently purchased 2013 V6, auto, and definitely felt that it needed some more power, especially in the lower end. I read dozens of articles for Mustang tuners on this as well as other forums and decided why not give it a try.

After more research, I wanted to give Bama/American Muscle a try first but it appears that they did not have tunes available yet. So, I waited a couple weeks and the tunes are still in the R&D phase. I decided to check out some other companies and eventually ended up with Steeda because I have no patience and just couldn't wait any longer. Well all I can say is that I'm very happy with my choice.

Ordered the 87 and 91 octane tunes. 1st went with 87 and it really woke the car up! Can't say I noticed a huge power improvement, but the driveability was really improved...very smooth response throughout. The lower end did gain some too and the car just became overall more enjoyable and responsive to drive. Then tried out the 91 tune...and I felt a really nice power gain over the 87 while still maintaining the good driveability of the 87 tune.

Anyways, I can recommend Steeda as a good alternative if you're impatient like me and can't wait. There are also other tuners out there for 2013 too so you can check those out. I called up a couple times and probably had four or five emails with Steeda with questions and they were always very responsive and answered emails quickly. Contact over there was Matt Levine and I can recommend his customer service.
Jon

Jon,

Sorry for the hold up! We do have tunes for the manual 2013 v6 and will have the auto's up and going in no time. Enjoy the new power though, Steeda does a good job too!

Shane
Old 06-29-2012, 07:04 PM
jonb2

When I purchased the SCT tuner, Matt actually recommended I get the CAI too, but I didn't for budget reasons. I figure I can always add later and Steeda will revise the tune to adjust for their CAI.

Also this post was in no way meant as a "Bash Bama" post. I have read only good things about both American Muscle and Steeda. Bama puts out a quality product and I respect they wait until it is correct before releasing a tune. In fact, I may order one when they do come out just for comparison.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Johnmichael
1st Gear Member

I'm in the market for a auto '13 tuner.

Steeda, do you offer free lifetime tunes like AM? I'm also curious about Your knowledge/experience tuning autos. I had a Bama tune and VMP tune a few years back for my '07 Auto GT. I didn't even know Steeda was doing tunes.

AM, do you have a timeframe on the auto tune release?

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:20 PM
WORKISSLOW
2nd Gear Member

I bought the Steeda CAI and tuner (87/91) from Steeda and I have been very happy with it (2012 3.7 MT). They told me if I needed any new Tunes for and Steeda products for this car I bought in the future that they would provide them for free. I ran through a list of improvements I was planning on doing down the line with the salesman and he said there was nothing on my list that would require a new tune anyways.

I got nothing against the other products and the Steeda CAI is more expensive then most, but the combined gains were higher with the Steeda package (as advertised). The Steeda CAI is American Made, I had a hard time finding out where exactly the other products were sourced from. The velocitizer cone in the Steeda CAI is a massive machined aluminum toric funnel (not molded plastic), and the main air pipe is re-enforced silicone (not molded plastic) and the heat shield is Stainless Steel. So I looked at the components and decided I would rather spend more and get high grade parts that were made in the USA especially since Steeda boasted the higher gains.

I am very happy with the end result, I feel more power across the board, better MPG and a better sound. Sometimes you get more when you spend more and sometimes you don't.

I buy stuff from American Muscle, everything I got from them so far has be perfect. But I take my time and make a choice based on the details, I buy what ever I think makes the most sense for me. I wish Steeda had more products for the 3.7 but nobody can make everything and there is a lot of nice bolt ons from other manufactures.

Last edited by WORKISSLOW; 07-10-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:29 PM
SteedaBrandon
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Johnmichael
I'm in the market for a auto '13 tuner.

Steeda, do you offer free lifetime tunes like AM? I'm also curious about Your knowledge/experience tuning autos. I had a Bama tune and VMP tune a few years back for my '07 Auto GT. I didn't even know Steeda was doing tunes.

AM, do you have a timeframe on the auto tune release?

Thanks.
We offer something similar. Basically, if you purchase a part from us, we can get you a free tune update if you have an SCT tuner. We've been doing tunes here at Steeda for quite a while now.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Johnmichael
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WORKISSLOW
I bought the Steeda CAI and tuner (87/91) from Steeda and I have been very happy with it (2012 3.7 MT). They told me if I needed any new Tunes for and Steeda products for this car I bought in the future that they would provide them for free. I ran through a list of improvements I was planning on doing down the line with the salesman and he said there was nothing on my list that would require a new tune anyways.

I got nothing against the other products and the Steeda CAI is more expensive then most, but the combined gains were higher with the Steeda package (as advertised). The Steeda CAI is American Made, I had a hard time finding out where exactly the other products were sourced from. The velocitizer cone in the Steeda CAI is a massive machined aluminum toric funnel (not molded plastic), and the main air pipe is re-enforced silicone (not molded plastic) and the heat shield is Stainless Steel. So I looked at the components and decided I would rather spend more and get high grade parts that were made in the USA especially since Steeda boasted the higher gains. I am very happy with the end result, I feel more power across the board, better MPG and a better sound. Sometimes you get more when you spend more and sometimes you don't.
I bought a Steeda CAI for my '03 Cobra and loved it.

Thanks for the reply, Brandon.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Nyke
1st Gear Member

Friendly competition between STEEDA and AM. That is nice to see between two companies.

I want to get a SCT Tuner and tune my car but I am unsure if I should go STEEDA or AM, both seem reliable and both do increase performance.

Quick Reply: 2013 V6 Steeda tune