Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Eibach sway bar kit Review

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Upsh1ft
2nd Gear Member

Default Eibach sway bar kit Review

So I recently got this kit from AmericanMuscle in order to fix a major recurring issue I was having with my rear sway bar that the dealer couldn't fix after over 5 visits. I got tired of driving 25 miles to and back from the dealer for nothing so decided I would go for an aftermarket upgrade. I'll skip the details on the issue to keep this fairly brief.

Did it work?
Oh yes it did! This works and feels great! Just keep in mind, however, that you need to grease EVERYTHING, including the parts of the sway bar and the bushings where the rear frame links mount to the bar(Those, oddly, don't have grease fittings on them which makes greasing a tad more involving) to avoid squeaks. You should have the whole setup front and back re-greased every oil change as a part of the car's regular maintenance.

Ride
I can't properly judge the ride quality just yet. I still have winter tires on downsized rims for another 2-3 weeks and they do soften the blows. The car does feel a bit stiffer over bumps than before. It seems to have reduced the ride difference between the winters and summers so I am expecting the car to be harsher than before with the summers.

Handling
Similar story to the ride. Normally my winters dull the experience. However here I do notice a big improvement which should be even more noticeable with the summer tires. With the snow tires,before the upgrade, the car handled more like a 10 year old american sedan: It felt floaty and had more body roll. The reflexes were also reduced noticeably. Now the car feels like it has it's summer tires on. I can't wait to swap the tires now.

Hardware
Out of the box you can already tell this kit is high quality. Beefy bars, strong solid links and brackets. High quality bushings. And the hardware even looks great! Plus it had none of the flimsiness and problem spots that were present on the ford factory hardware which were the source of my issues.

Overall I am very happy with this set. It makes me excited for summer time corner carving and by solving my previous issues, I can now enjoy and love my car again!

Thanks Eibach for a great product and thank you AmericanMuscle for providing this and with fast shipping to Canada.

Link:
http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...-kit-1112.html
Old 02-28-2013, 10:00 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

I have the Shelby front sway bar and it was noticeable even after I had installed the strut brace.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:57 AM
RockStang

Regarding the squeak you were experiencing, I started hearing it recently after a long drive and I was considering getting the Eibachs. Now that I have read this thread, I think I will go ahead and get them for my 13' Mustang because I honestly don't want to be driving a brand new car that sounds like a 30 year old "Boat".
Thanks Upsh1ft!