Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

ROUSH CAI or Airraid CAI

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 08:39 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

I love my Steeda CAI but like everyone has said not really much difference between them.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:27 PM
mcanchola2

Originally Posted by maxmustang
Thanks yea please.
I installed the CAI from Airaid yesterday. The installation was relatively simple in all it took me about an hour to install from start to finish. The car sound better now, it has a deeper sound now. As for horsepower not sure if any was added, the car does feel that us has better get up now.

Name:  2013-09-26130026.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  58.2 KB
Old 09-27-2013, 02:46 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by maxmustang
I have a 2014 v6 and I wanted to know which one is better. The Airraid from AM or the ROUSH from ROUSH Performance?
The company Airaid actually makes the CAI's and sells them to Roush. Roush puts their logo on the CAI and sells at a higher cost. It's the same CAI.

I highly recommend getting the Airaid CAI and tuner combo!!

The Airaid CAI works great together with the SCT tuner with 3 custom tunes. =)

Last edited by kevinmalec; 09-27-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:00 PM
hogasswild
3rd Gear Member

Right, been said three times now. Hopefully the message sinks in lol.
Old 09-27-2013, 03:45 PM
lonewolfper4mance

Originally Posted by mcanchola2
I installed the CAI from Airaid yesterday. The installation was relatively simple in all it took me about an hour to install from start to finish. The car sound better now, it has a deeper sound now. As for horsepower not sure if any was added, the car does feel that us has better get up now.

when you install any cold air intake or other mod you need to make the computer re learn the fuel curve. disconnect the battery for 20 minutes and then reconnect. follow the idle relearn in the owners manual and then drive the car around. it takes about 50 miles for the engine to get used to the new parts but you will feel the difference after you follow this procedure.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:22 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

OP,

You're best off with whichever of the two you feel looks the best. If Roush has a better look in your opinion, than go for it! I'd definitely make sure you pair this with a custom tune too. You'll be able to get the most out of the CAI and pick up a lot of throttle response & HP!

Good luck!

Shane
Old 09-27-2013, 04:37 PM
mcanchola2

Originally Posted by lonewolfper4mance
when you install any cold air intake or other mod you need to make the computer re learn the fuel curve. disconnect the battery for 20 minutes and then reconnect. follow the idle relearn in the owners manual and then drive the car around. it takes about 50 miles for the engine to get used to the new parts but you will feel the difference after you follow this procedure.
My battery was disconnected for about an hour when I installed the CAI. Do I need to disconnect the battery again before I re-teach the fuel curve
Old 09-27-2013, 05:25 PM
lonewolfper4mance

My battery was disconnected for about an hour when I installed the CAI. Do I need to disconnect the battery again before I re-teach the fuel curve
did you do what the owners manual said to do?as long as you followed it then you should be ok. just keep driving it and it should get better gradually.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:31 PM
mcanchola2

Originally Posted by lonewolfper4mance
did you do what the owners manual said to do?as long as you followed it then you should be ok. just keep driving it and it should get better gradually.
Cool, thanks for the info. I will make sure I will do that today
Old 09-27-2013, 08:08 PM
maxmustang
1st Gear Member

Nice. Any small problems I might encounter?

Quick Reply: ROUSH CAI or Airraid CAI