Notices
3.7L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about the new engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2012 V6 replacement grille

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 10:00 AM
mlud00
1st Gear Member

Default 2012 V6 replacement grille

Looking at the american muscle polished billet replacement grille for my Lava red V6. Anyone with pictures of their own? Think I like this grille with the fewer bars, it's the replacement grille rather than an overlay. How do I get the stock grille out?
Old 04-08-2014, 09:19 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mlud00
Looking at the american muscle polished billet replacement grille for my Lava red V6. Anyone with pictures of their own? Think I like this grille with the fewer bars, it's the replacement grille rather than an overlay. How do I get the stock grille out?
What grille is it you're looking for? Can you link us? I'm sure we have some customer submitted images and on car photography that I can provide you with.

I look forward to speaking with you!

-Dan
Old 04-09-2014, 09:45 AM
mlud00
1st Gear Member

Actually not sure how to add a link, but I'll try. http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-...le-1012v6.htmlIf not, it's the black retro replacement grill for 2012 V6 Mustang, it should be easy to find. I see the owners pics. I'm just not exactly sure how it goes on. I just took off the top panel over the radiator and removed the stock grill by pushing on the tabs. It popped right out. How do I attach the new grill in it's place? I don't see any video's on youtube or anywhere else, although I haven't looked too extensively. I like the look of the grill set forward as apposed to the ford MCA grill that sets back. Just wondering if anyone has some advise before I buy anything. Like I said, looking for a billet grill that has fewer bars.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:17 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mlud00
Actually not sure how to add a link, but I'll try. http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-...le-1012v6.htmlIf not, it's the black retro replacement grill for 2012 V6 Mustang, it should be easy to find. I see the owners pics. I'm just not exactly sure how it goes on. I just took off the top panel over the radiator and removed the stock grill by pushing on the tabs. It popped right out. How do I attach the new grill in it's place? I don't see any video's on youtube or anywhere else, although I haven't looked too extensively. I like the look of the grill set forward as apposed to the ford MCA grill that sets back. Just wondering if anyone has some advise before I buy anything. Like I said, looking for a billet grill that has fewer bars.
Hey,

This actually does not require you to remove your factory grille. This grille actually sits on top of the factory grille and it gets held in by clamping it to the existing grille. This is what gives it the forward position unlike the OEM and MCA grilles.

The only thing you will need to do is remove the pony off the factory grille and possible sand down the bracket the pony sits on for proper clearance.

I hope this helps, and if you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

-Dan
Old 04-12-2014, 02:24 PM
mlud00
1st Gear Member

OK now I'm confused. I see a billet grille that obviously goes over the stock grille because it has the pony cut-out. Then there is the "pony delete" billet grille that I figured goes over the stock grille. It must covers over the pony, or pony outline once you remove the chrome horse, like you said. Finally there is the billet "replacement" grille. So what does the replacement grille do differently that the "pony delete" grille doesn't? It looks like you mount it instead of the stock grille. That's what some of the owner's pics look like...
Old 04-15-2014, 05:51 PM
mlud00
1st Gear Member

Got a good deal on a MCA grille on ebay. So now I have a genuine Ford product with the grille bars that I like. Hope no one is angry that I don't have the actual factory MCA package... I like the look of the horizontal bars much better that the honeycomb.