351 Mustang

changed 350rwhp build with 8.5:1 C/R and a smaller shot of nitrous.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 10:27 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: i know we get a quite a few of these but, mine is a little diff.

screw him, find another one LOL. scour the junk yards for late 70's LTD's and pickup trucks
Old 07-18-2007, 11:00 PM
8A_Honda
1st Gear Member

So what's the matter with his cam choice if ya'll don't mind me asking? Why a custom cam? If you're getting a custom cam built, how would you know what ya need the specs to be? Sorry if I'm sounding dumb over here but I'm still learning some of this stuff and fairly new to domestics. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:02 PM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: 4G63power

So what's the matter with his cam choice if ya'll don't mind me asking? Why a custom cam? If you're getting a custom cam built, how would you know what ya need the specs to be? Sorry if I'm sounding dumb over here but I'm still learning some of this stuff and fairly new to domestics. Thanks.
you dont set the specs on a custom cam... someone who knows a hell of alot more than you does.

you tell them what parts you have, and what you want the car to do, how you want to drive it.. etc... and they custom tailor a cam to your needs
Old 07-18-2007, 11:16 PM
8A_Honda
1st Gear Member

Alrighty, didn't know that. When I had my Talon, everyone ran the same kind of cam. Back in the day everyone ran HKS 272's. It was tried and true. Didn't even know you could just call someone up and have a custom cam built so this is news to me and appreciate the input.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:01 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

well, this aint some ****subishi/beagle... were talking real HP here

the aftermarket for your DOHC 2.0 4G63 motor insignificant to that of the 5.0
Old 07-19-2007, 01:12 AM
86 5.0L
6th Gear Member

lol, I love Adder [8D]

sucks about the 400 though I was interested in that build [&o] I've been contemplating sticking a 408 in my 88(yes 88)

have you thought about F/I?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:42 AM
8A_Honda
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AdderMk2

well, this aint some ****subishi/beagle... were talking real HP here

the aftermarket for your DOHC 2.0 4G63 motor insignificant to that of the 5.0
Lol, Funny since I was always slaughtering Mustangs when I had my Talon (even built ones). But that's another topic all together. Just here to find out information though. Have the Mustang now cause I wanted to try something new that I've never been into before.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:38 AM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

dont let adder rouse you, i've said before that someone pisses in his cheerios every day but i think he said he eats frosted flakes or some crap.

but he's right, talon's FTL [>:]
Old 07-19-2007, 08:37 AM
AdderMk2
Banned

ORIGINAL: 4G63power

Lol, Funny since I was always slaughtering Mustangs when I had my Talon (even built ones). But that's another topic all together. Just here to find out information though. Have the Mustang now cause I wanted to try something new that I've never been into before.
just because some moron can toss parts on a mustang, doesnt make it "built"

My car with a stock engine and stock gears gave a few eclipses/talons a good run. Hell, I roasted a TT RX7. Street racing doesnt tell you anything, any jackass can bring their car out and race... i know this because their are many jackasses around my area. Had you ever run your talon down the 1/4? Because i'd bet you that the majority of the local stangs in my area would roast you
Old 07-19-2007, 01:02 PM
8A_Honda
1st Gear Member

Man, I'm not here for a stupid bench racing war. I know I need to get my s/n changed cause I no longer have the Talon and now own a "Mustang". Just need to get with a moderator whoever that'd be to change it for me. But also, I'm not ignorant enough to underestimate someone because of the size motor they have either....especially since I've owned small displacement motors that have layed down the whoop ***. Haven't been down the 1/4....1/8th, yes.

I'm not gonna speak for all the other dumbasses out there but yeah my car was built. 2.3 stroker with all the forged goodies, nicely ported head, Comp 101400 bumpsticks, T-67, etc. etc. etc. Nice long list. But I'm not here to debate cars. I'm here to learn info for the car I now have. But just because I wasn't aware that a cam could be custom made for these cars, doesn't make me an idiot or mean that I can't build a fast car. Just uninformed about that piece of info. I mean I would figure it'd cost a butt load of money to custom make a cam for one individual so would think that most people wouldn't do this. But I had the 4 banger that was sloooowwwww so I probably wouldn't know anything about this. Lol.

Back on topic now please?

Quick Reply: changed 350rwhp build with 8.5:1 C/R and a smaller shot of nitrous.