92civy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Strongest 351W Block

lol ok nvm.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:32 AM
92civy
4th Gear Member

have you picked up that 69 block yet? and did you get a pictures of the roller block and 69 block together?
Old 07-29-2007, 05:45 AM
MadMan@TheWheel
4th Gear Member

I always have and am currently building on an aftermarket 4blt main block. However, I personally know someone who is running the fastest N/A TFS "R" headed car in the country on a 1970 block. Est 750rwhp on the spray. So it can be done, but it is still only a matter of time. You can still have a lot of potential for main cap movement even with a girdle, basically even with stronger webbing, if your caps walk or even one walks and you move a main bearing your going to have issues. Just my feelings on the subject after about 15 Windsor builds.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:55 AM
Importssuk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MadMan@TheWheel

I always have and am currently building on an aftermarket 4blt main block. However, I personally know someone who is running the fastest N/A TFS "R" headed car in the country on a 1970 block. Est 750rwhp on the spray. So it can be done, but it is still only a matter of time. You can still have a lot of potential for main cap movement even with a girdle, basically even with stronger webbing, if your caps walk or even one walks and you move a main bearing your going to have issues. Just my feelings on the subject after about 15 Windsor builds.
do you have any experiences w/ the ford racing 351 block M-6010-W351* (not the sportsman III)? it's a lilttle cheaper than a dart block, but i see it has nodular iron main caps as opposed to steel caps on the dart block.any thoughts?
Old 07-29-2007, 11:49 AM
Matt Paul
1st Gear Member

Who is this person you talk of with the 1970s block making 750rwhp?You also state that it was on the hose what is it on motor?I run a 1994 roller block with a inline valve headand make 621rwhp N/A and have over 250 passes on it this year alone.I would like to talk to him because its seems we are making about the same power with a early cast block and with a newer cast block.MadMan you seam pretty smart on the subject andI would like to talk to you also, Ive been building windsors since I put the fisrt one in my 1982 GT back in1989.Talk about a head ache there were no conversions for those cars at all 18yrs ago compared to now a days.

Thanks Matt Paul
Old 07-29-2007, 12:38 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Matt Paul

Who is this person you talk of with the 1970s block making 750rwhp?You also state that it was on the hose what is it on motor?I run a 1994 roller block with a inline valve headand make 621rwhp N/A and have over 250 passes on it this year alone.I would like to talk to him because its seems we are making about the same power with a early cast block and with a newer cast block.MadMan you seam pretty smart on the subject andI would like to talk to you also, Ive been building windsors since I put the fisrt one in my 1982 GT back in1989.Talk about a head ache there were no conversions for those cars at all 18yrs ago compared to now a days.

Thanks Matt Paul
mad man is that out of the box tfs "R" heads?
Matt what heads were you running? compresson ratio? custom solid roller? drag car or weekend warrior?
Old 07-29-2007, 12:39 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 92civy

have you picked up that 69 block yet? and did you get a pictures of the roller block and 69 block together?
yes i did get it after 12 hrs of total driving and over 700 miles i was a little tired. let me go get some batteries real quick and i will take some

Old 07-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Matt Paul
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jasperstang308

ORIGINAL: Matt Paul

Thanks Matt Paul
mad man is that out of the box tfs "R" heads?
Matt what heads were you running? compresson ratio? custom solid roller? drag car or weekend warrior?
Jasper, Iam running canfield 195s supplied by Jay Allen from C.I. and assermblied by him personaly.Jay Allen also cut my billet core cam, also lets say its above 700 lift and diration@ 50 is more then 95% of the peoplescams are at adversived.I will attach some pics of my short block and heads.Its a full out drag car, and compersson is in sig.

Thanks MattPaul

Old 07-29-2007, 01:45 PM
w8less
6th Gear Member

i thought that was your 302 based motor. i thought you mentioned you had a 351w based motor as well

Quick Reply: Strongest 351W Block