Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Help me pick a dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 05:17 PM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Help me pick a dual exhaust

yes very wrong about the ricyness at idol it has one of the deepest throaty tones ive ever heard
at higher rpm its very raspy
the tone changes quite a bit as you drive it
it mellows out and is more deep than raspy
you wont be dissappointed
Old 08-01-2006, 09:33 PM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

i dont mean to hijack the thread, but I am also in the market for dual exhausts, and i was leaning towards magnaflows (keep in mind i know nothing about exhaust) and they retail for like $517 on mustangtuning, but i hear good things about the flowmater american muscle or w/e and its ALOT cheaper..so whats really the better deal here, any help would be appreciated thanks again
Old 08-02-2006, 01:35 AM
Miami Mustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goffball5

i dont mean to hijack the thread, but I am also in the market for dual exhausts, and i was leaning towards magnaflows (keep in mind i know nothing about exhaust) and they retail for like $517 on mustangtuning, but i hear good things about the flowmater american muscle or w/e and its ALOT cheaper..so whats really the better deal here, any help would be appreciated thanks again
If you're talking about the magnaflow exhaust #16605 then you can get it cheaper at MRT, I got mine for like $480 shipped, might be cheaper for you idk. How much are the flowmasters I heard those have a nasty drone is this true?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:37 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

There is a seller on the bay that will take best offers on Magnaflow systems and offers free shipping. Got mine for less than $450 shipped.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Black06Auto

Goffball5: I considered the magnaflow kit (Part# 16605) but after listening to some sound clips and reading about rygen's experience with the same kit (if memory serves me, which it commonly doesn't; he ended up with magnapaks, which aren't the good magnaflow mufflers) I decided that it was a little ricey for my tastes and wasn't what I was looking for.

Miami Mustang: On the flowmaster website, the american thunders (part#17410) sell for 448.05. As for the droning, I don't remember reading anywhere that they are bad for it, but I'd like someone who has them to put in their comments because bad droning would definatly have an impact on whether or not I'd go with the flowmasters.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:16 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

+1... I've narrowed my search down to the Flowmaster 17410's. I'm also looking for loudER... not loudEST! Not raspy, not ricey, not snap, crackle, pop evertime you get on the throttle. Just a good deep "louder than stock" refined tone. And with 80 miles of commute everyday, this "drone" I've read oh so much about is something I want to definitely stay away from.

Mirrorring what Black06Auto said... can anyone speak for the "drone" (or lack thereof) of the Flowmaster American Thunder 17410's on a 05-07 GT (stock gears and H)?

Old 08-07-2006, 06:21 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 6605stang

+1... I've narrowed my search down to the Flowmaster 17410's. I'm also looking for loudER... not loudEST! Not raspy, not ricey, not snap, crackle, pop evertime you get on the throttle. Just a good deep "louder than stock" refined tone. And with 80 miles of commute everyday, this "drone" I've read oh so much about is something I want to definitely stay away from.

Mirrorring what Black06Auto said... can anyone speak for the "drone" (or lack thereof) of the Flowmaster American Thunder 17410's on a 05-07 GT (stock gears and H)?

I had the AT's with a X pipe and drone was minimal compared to my other 4 exhaust setups.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

if your gonna go with the flowmaster duel american thunders go here
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
its the cheapest I have found it anywhere $277.95 + shipping and for me shipping was only gonna be like $17... when I order mine this is where I am ordering them
Old 08-07-2006, 08:18 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Rygen. I trust your word... being as you've virtually tried them all!

And as far as price goes, I believe D'Agostino Racing has them for $289 minus a 5% discount of MFers right now. Calculator says thats about $274 (plus shipping of course).
Old 08-07-2006, 09:23 PM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

alrighty i just ordered the Flowmasters at that CHEAP CHEAP price of 277 haha and iv also just made confirmation of a gt bumper (i know i could just cut out the side but I like the GT bumper, IM SORRY!!!!!), so the next things I gotza to be gettin are the hangars, driver side pipe and H PIPES!!!

Quick Reply: Help me pick a dual exhaust