Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

My Evolution C&L/XCalII just came in!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 09:33 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My Evolution C&L/XCalII just came in!!!!!

I didn't get the C&L but I did get a CAI and XCAL 2... Everyone said it was going to be new car and I'd be impressed... I got to say I was impressed. Maybe pimpin you got over hyped on the diffrence, at times I told myself this is what I expected but I was realistic and thought about it is only 12 to 19 rwhp no like a turbo or blower. Pimpin I'm not bagging on you at all and I don't mean to be insultive with that, please don't take it that way. I like the non lag now and the tires spin much easier.
28hopup you'l be satisfied and love the response.
0-100 is much nicer.... but hey I'm kinda easy to impress....
Old 08-25-2006, 03:38 AM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

ok i just changed it over to the 93 extreme tune. OMG that thing is a beast. I noticed a huge difference over the regular 93 tune. me and one of my friends went to town and were looking for a race. I ran into a fox mustang. I couldnt tell if it was a 5.0 or something smaller, but that wasnt even a race. I was like 4 cars ahead of him by 45 mph. I just stopped. then after about an hour of riding around I ran into a 98 GT. I waited beside him till we were finally at a red light together. we both reved and the light turned green and we kicked it. no joke his front bumber stayed at my rear bumper untill 60-65mph and they he started to gain on me, so I just backed off cause I didnt want to go that fast right through the main strip in my town. we pulled over and talked and he was an auto just like me, but he wasnt completely stock. He had taken off his cats and put on an xpipe, but he left the stock mufflers on it (I am not really sure why he left the stock mufflers on it but that is what he said. The car did sound really good though). But anyway. I knew that I had lost the race because he would have beat me if I had just let it go a little longer so I wasnt gonna try to say that I beat him, but I couldnt believe that it was that close and that I beat him to 60. That was impressive to me.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:59 AM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Hey pimpin how do you like the 3.73 gears and what did it cost to get um installed?
Old 08-25-2006, 07:19 AM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

no those are my plans. I dont have them yet. so far just have the CAI and XCallII. I just ordered the american thunders though tonight.