Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

CAI and Tuner: Who Sells What

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 02:36 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Default CAI and Tuner: Who Sells What

Ok guys, out of the different vendors on here, and the shops you've dealt with, who sells what products? As in what does Brenspeed or Bamachips or even Alternative have.

I'm deciding that even though I want a supercharger, I really want a motorcycle more, and the money for the blower would cut into the bike money (this is in a few years), so I figure next year I'll be getting a CAI and tune, I just want to get familiar with the products that everyone has so I can do research on what product I want. I really do appreciate everything you guys say about this stuff, so i needs some help.

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:25 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: CAI and Tuner: Who Sells What

Here's a list I re-use on occassion. Hope it helps:

CAI/Tuner Combo
• Doug/Bamachips: XCAL2 and your choice of TI or C&L CAI. (When I switched to his tune for my old TI, it shaved off 3/10ths on my time, his daily driver is an auto as well, though I think he has several test mules/test customer cars at his disposal)
• Evolution: XCAL2 and C&L (lot of guys use them, they have a good rep, actually met them at FFW, good bunch of guys)
• AZDynoChip: XCAL2 and ? (don't know if they do the internet thing, they will tune any CAI and produce some of the highest dyno numbers)
• Lidio/Alternative Auto: XCAL2 and CAI (I did some research and several shops referred me to him for Automatics, his personal daily driver is an auto)
• Brenspeed: XCAL2 and C&L (another highly reputable shop)
• Justin/VMP Tuning: XCAL2 and ? (Considered one of the top dogs for the V6 stang community, he’s also tested more CAI’s on the same dyno session than anyone I’ve seen so far, read about it here: http://www.v6power.net/vb/showthread.php?t=25551 )

Stick with any of the above and you will be fine.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

Hey rygen you need to add www.tunableinduction.com to your cut & paste answer to this question

John Demolet sells his own CAI and tunes developed for specifically for it by SCT
Old 08-28-2006, 12:25 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Britinastang

Hey rygen you need to add www.tunableinduction.com to your cut & paste answer to this question

John Demolet sells his own CAI and tunes developed for specifically for it by SCT
Thanks, I'll do that. In fact, I had the TI with Demolet's tune and later with Bama's tune. I thought the TI shipped with the Bama tune now, but I was mistaken.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:37 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Rygen, thank you for the list.

I am well aware of the guys' you mentioned and how good their respective reputations are. I know that whomever I go with, I will be in good hands.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:59 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Noticed that someone posted about Tunable Induction...Looked at the website and noticed you can get the intakes painted to match the exterior paint.....But where do we find our paint codes if we wanted to order it painted? It would be Torch Red for me