Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

stroker

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 03:40 PM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

Default stroker

i could have sworn that there was a stroker kit for our car
maybe there isnt one made yet
maybe im just stupid??
anyone know if there is one out
Old 11-11-2006, 03:52 PM
cobra232
5th Gear Member

Default RE: stroker

www.supersixmotorsports.com is coming out with a 4.5L kit soon. their heads are already out

sorry it's
http://www.moranav6racing.com/catego...?CategoryID=32

i believe supersix is working on a 4.3L kit though
Old 11-11-2006, 04:15 PM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

haha ya thanks man
4.3 sounds like it would be a little more blower friendly
sweeet
i wonder what the install on this kinda thing is gonna run
Old 11-11-2006, 07:40 PM
Denny Carlton
2nd Gear Member

I've talk to Tom at supersixers today and they have 1 cam that will fit our car $550, but you need to buy new heads from them because i think the pushrods are longer, there heads run $1550.
I think this is the best way to go.

The cam and the right exhaust system can make our cars some bad mother-f*****s and the heads will help with the power. It would be nice to rebuild our 4.0's with all new high performance parts and then go for s/c or turbo.

My two cents
Denny
Old 11-11-2006, 07:59 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I just had a built block installed, with forged wiseco 8-8-1 pistons. I will have some numbers to post shortly. My block is probably closer to a 4.1 now. As for cams and heads, I would like to go heads later down the road, but don't want to invest in cams because the SSM ones are regrinds. I'm going to wait till some new ones are available on the market.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:42 AM
Denny Carlton
2nd Gear Member

Whats the different between regrind and new? Is it that they use a bigger cam and grind it down to fit our car.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:08 AM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

I just had a built block installed, with forged wiseco 8-8-1 pistons. I will have some numbers to post shortly. My block is probably closer to a 4.1 now. As for cams and heads, I would like to go heads later down the road, but don't want to invest in cams because the SSM ones are regrinds. I'm going to wait till some new ones are available on the market.
whoa whoa whoa....rygen im dissapoitned...where is the post about this?! how bad *** is your ride now????????? did you up the boost yet? god im about to blow a load in my pants PLEASE INFORM!
Old 11-12-2006, 05:26 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

the load has been blown....
Old 11-12-2006, 06:48 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

did you get the ssm block? Im planning on buying that as well they said it can run 16+psi but im not sure how true that is. Definetely interested in which ever one you got.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:53 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

did you get the ssm block? Im planning on buying that as well they said it can run 16+psi but im not sure how true that is. Definetely interested in which ever one you got.

No, I got a re-worked block from PH. Actually, no one truly offers an after market block for our cars, what SSM has is a re-worked stock block.

Quick Reply: stroker