Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Complete GT 500 Supercharged 5.4 in a V6

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Krazer
2nd Gear Member

Default Complete GT 500 Supercharged 5.4 in a V6

First time I seen this complete motor for sale.

Talk about a sleeper this would be sick sick sick!!!

In a bone stock looking V6 ext wise.

If one was to go turbo your talking around $6,000.00 installed (or S/C on STILL stock internals) then either beef up the 7.5 or go 8.8.

Check it out complete motor below what else would we need? Headers, lower K frame supports, motor mounts, tune, trans optional or down the road, radatior (?) misc hoses, clamps etc. This is the way to go I am sure I am forgetting some parts but little excited thinking about the prospect of this. It might sound like a lot of $$$ at first but when you think about it its not sounding so bad! This is not just a 4.6 or stock 5.4 N.A, just thinking here if for some reson the 4.0 went south S/C or T/C you would be close to the cost of this setup.

Own the most extreme motor Ford Motor Company has ever produced in a Mustang, the 5.4 Supercharged GT500 motor. Motor comes brand new from Ford Motor company with a warranty, completely dressed with all attached components including the monstrous Supercharger rated at 500hp. Motor can be shipped via truck freight usually within two days. Call for more details! Be the first on your block with a GT500 in your project vehicle! $13.999.00

Old 12-06-2006, 10:21 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Complete GT 500 Supercharged 5.4 in a V6

you still need alot more than even tranny and motor AND all electronics. that motor weighs, what 500 pounds more than the 4.0? you will need tons of suspension work, probably some frame strengthening, etc. total you are looking at way more than the performance it will give is worth.

that with everything needed is gonna be at least 17 grand.

built block + turbo kit + new 6 speed tranny maybe t56 or something of the sort + rear end +some suspension work and other little stuff = less than 15 grand and more power easy.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Krazer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

you still need alot more than even tranny and motor AND all electronics. that motor weighs, what 500 pounds more than the 4.0? you will need tons of suspension work, probably some frame strengthening, etc. total you are looking at way more than the performance it will give is worth.
that with everything needed is gonna be at least 17 grand.
On the suspension (on a Pony Package) I mentioned the K frames from the GT 500 the only thing else I could see would be maybe front springs as far as supension you would not need tons of suspension (K frames & springs) work.

built block + turbo kit + new 6 speed tranny maybe t56 or something of the sort + rear end +some suspension work and other little stuff = less than 15 grand and more power easy.
I don't know about that ("more power easy")that Evo Shelby GT 500 S/C 5.4 went high 9's with a 75 shot.

http://www.evoperform.com/GT500/9.wmv

Just thinking if one was to trade in thier V6 on a GT you talking around your car and 14-15 K and thats with a 4.6 motor I don't know I still like the ideal.

Old 12-06-2006, 10:54 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Wait a minute.
If you're going to invest even 6K much less 13K and some change into a b-flat pony, even one with a GT look alike package, I would think it best to consider purchasing another ride with the power plant in it already? I think it's called a Shelby GT 500?
They base at around $45K if you can find a dealer that won't try to tack on an additional 10 or 20K for shiz and grins that is.

There is plenty you can do with your 6 banger. You can add a super charger or even turbo charge 'it' and make anywhere from 350 to 600 HP at the rear wheels. Of course you'll want to upgrade the tranny to handle the added torque. Wouldn't hurt to convert the rear end into a posi either.

Just my opinions.
I wouldn't waste the bucks on converting a 6 banger stang into a V8 anything.
They are just fine the way they are.

I'd go get myself a GT or Shelby then start from there. ;-)..

Maybe in 2009 if the new dream stang comes out 'oh god I hope so', I'll go pick one up ;-). Yeah!

Wolfey
Old 12-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Krazer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wolfey2k

Wait a minute.
If you're going to invest even 6K much less 13K and some change into a b-flat pony, even one with a GT look alike package, I would think it best to consider purchasing another ride with the power plant in it already? I think it's called a Shelby GT 500?
They base at around $45K if you can find a dealer that won't try to tack on an additional 10 or 20K for shiz and grins that is.
If you could find a GT 500 for $45 I haven't seen any more like $60k and up with 15-16K trade in value I would have to put in around 40- 45K plus my car.

There is plenty you can do with your 6 banger. You can add a super charger or even turbo charge 'it' and make anywhere from 350 to 600 HP at the rear wheels. Of course you'll want to upgrade the tranny to handle the added torque. Wouldn't hurt to convert the rear end into a posi either.
I haven't seen any 4.0 put any where near 600 hp at the rear wheels and to do that your talking $6K T/C installed and then around 4- $5k on a built bottom end.

Just my opinions.
I wouldn't waste the bucks on converting a 6 banger stang into a V8 anything.
They are just fine the way they are.

I'd go get myself a GT or Shelby then start from there. ;-)..

Maybe in 2009 if the new dream stang comes out 'oh god I hope so', I'll go pick one up ;-). Yeah!

Wolfey
I rather have a 5.4 S/C in my V6 car than a 4.6 GT and not interested in giving my car and around 45K for a Shelby GT 500 imo, anyway just bouncing this off you guys and seeing what you guys opinions are
Old 12-06-2006, 11:30 PM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Hey, the 6 bang GT version stang is a schueet ride. Don't get me wrong. I own one. An 07.
I don't need a V8 or the extra expense associated with the GT anyway. The 4.0 is plenty of power for a light car like the stang at any rate and it gets better gas mileage.

Yes, you can dual turbocharge a V6 and get 600 RWHP no problemo. Look it up if you don't believe me.
Sure you'd want to beef up the bottom end, port the heads, change the cam etc., improve the suspension etc.
Horse Power costs money. That's all there is to it.

All I am saying 'and I'll down grade a bit here' is at least get yourself a GT and start from there.

By the way, I recently saw a brand spankin new Shelby GT500 out here in Tysons Corner Virginia for a mere $54K.
I could probably drive it off the show room floor for around 49 to 52K.

Wolfey
Old 12-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

they prolly make the frames lighter on the v6 also...wouldn't wanna crack a frame now would we ?
Old 12-07-2006, 12:44 AM
vb101
1st Gear Member

Sorry to say but dealers will not negotiate on those mark-ups. If the GT 500 is marked as 54k then you can bet it will go for 54k. I went through trying to talk dealers down on their mark-ups when looking for a GT a year and half ago. They wouldn't. That's why I bought a six.

If I had the money and wanted that much horsepower I wouldn't think twice about dropping the 5.4 in. It's more expensive than beefing up a six but it also has more hp than you can probably get out of the six.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:04 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Hey, the 6 bang GT version stang is a schueet ride. Don't get me wrong. I own one. An 07.
I don't need a V8 or the extra expense associated with the GT anyway. The 4.0 is plenty of power for a light car like the stang at any rate and it gets better gas mileage.

Yes, you can dual turbocharge a V6 and get 600 RWHP no problemo. Look it up if you don't believe me.
Sure you'd want to beef up the bottom end, port the heads, change the cam etc., improve the suspension etc.

All I am saying 'and I'll down grade a bit here' is at least get yourself a GT and start from there.

By the way, I recently saw a brand spankin new Shelby GT500 out here in Tysons Corner Virginia for a mere $54K.

Wolfey

another person that thinks twin turbocharging a car will give you more horsepower than a single turbo. sure 600rwhp is possible with a 4.0 v6, with thousands and thousands of dollars in upgrade, but "no problemo" gimme a break.

with the stock CR, it would probably take nearly 28psi to hit 600rwhp.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:39 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fazm

Wolfey

another person that thinks twin turbocharging a car will give you more horsepower than a single turbo. sure 600rwhp is possible with a 4.0 v6, with thousands and thousands of dollars in upgrade, but "no problemo" gimme a break.

with the stock CR, it would probably take nearly 28psi to hit 600rwhp.

twins dont give you more power necessarily, but with 600rwhp a single is going to be a slower car than a twin. twin vs single with same peak power, the twins win. ever seen the 1krwhp supras with big singles? they still run 10's cause they lag so ****ing much. twins making 600rwhp= almost no lag with huge power. you are going to need a ton of work to make 600rwhp, but then again...the 5.4l costs 14 grand.....

i'd much rather get the 5.0l cammer anyway if i was gonna do a swap. 450hp all motor baby.

Quick Reply: Complete GT 500 Supercharged 5.4 in a V6