Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

hmmm n/a build is starting to look good.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 06:49 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: hmmm n/a build is starting to look good.

^^^ that is just awesome. that would easily make for a thirteen second n/a sixer[&:]

i bet it would sound amazing too!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:53 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

For FI, I have a baseline dyno and I'm awaiting my heads and cams back from PH. I will be able to provide before and after numbers on this.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:54 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

well rygen unfortunately for me, your numbers are probably going to be double what i want to acheive WITH heads and cams
Old 01-08-2007, 06:59 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I know, but theres got to be a ball park differnece so we can try to guess on what the gains are.

EDIT: Digging on the ranger forums now for some dynos.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:25 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

I know, but theres got to be a ball park differnece so we can try to guess on what the gains are.

EDIT: Digging on the ranger forums now for some dynos.
well it seems that the consensus of alot of the pros is that 260 is pretty attainable. that's what matt of delk thinks, tom of ssm i beleive said that too and i can't remember for sure, but i think justin may have agreed? somewhere on v6power . hell if i can get 250-60rwhp out of heads and cams i would be very happy. i think this is definately doable and that would make for a very quick n/a sixer. i'd say 13's are definately happening with that power and supporting mods seeing what people are running now...with shorter gearing (maybe 4.1's probably 3.73's) a trutrac a good tune, some lca's, an intake and MAYBE some lth's(along with the heads and cams obviously) i can easily see being solidly into the 13's which is by all means awesome imo. oh baby all motor runnin with the gt's...now thats sexy. and that would make for one insane sleeper (which is basically my goal).
Old 01-09-2007, 01:48 PM
DelStang86
2nd Gear Member

i definitely would consider upping the compression ratio... how far out can we bore?

Old 01-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Silver_sixxer05
1st Gear Member

Yeah.... I'm liking those numbers.. I'm thinking I might work on a n/a build untill I win my dad over to a supercharger.... I can't wait to see flapjack's new numbers (after the heads and cams I mean..... do we have those yet btw?)
Old 01-09-2007, 10:58 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

nope but i garuntee close to 400rwhp if not over. If nobody has heads and cams by april on an n/a sixer, i will if i don't go with the xcharger group buy on the 4.0collective (very tempting) i like the projected numbers and it seems that the projected numbers are from people with major experience so i trust them to be fairly accurate. even if they are on the low side of the predictions, i would be EXTREMELY happy with anywhere around 250rwhp numbers n/a and it seems all the pros think it is possible. with gears/locker that would make you run right with auto gt's (less torque, but also a good amount less weight and better gearing) and i would be happy with that. i also strongly beleive that with the majorly increased flow, freeing up the exhaust would give much better gains. id say after all the head work, lth's/ maybe totally decatted would be good for another 15rwhp, but that again is just another estimate.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:36 PM
DelStang86
2nd Gear Member

re: does anyone know the maximum bore and stroke attainable from this block???????
Old 01-10-2007, 01:41 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

not sure on the bore, but i beleive it is near it's limits in that aspect. Stroke on the other hand we have some room for. I beleive there is a 4.5 stroker in the works from somebody....

Quick Reply: hmmm n/a build is starting to look good.