Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

uy

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 10:51 PM
alm0stfamousstang

Default uy

im about to buy gears tloc tuner and intake. and i am curious.. how does the tuner work? im looking at brenspeed.. when i buy do they give me a free tune? and if they do the tune can i go back and change things like tune for 373 gears and headers after i use the brenspeed tune? or will it mess up the whole tune? and do i just plug it in let it do its thing and its done? or can i fine tune brenspeeds tune? im really confused on this topic
Old 05-21-2007, 11:45 PM
rmays06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: uy

ORIGINAL: alm0stfamousstang

im about to buy gears tloc tuner and intake. and i am curious.. how does the tuner work? im looking at brenspeed.. when i buy do they give me a free tune? and if they do the tune can i go back and change things like tune for 373 gears and headers after i use the brenspeed tune? or will it mess up the whole tune? and do i just plug it in let it do its thing and its done? or can i fine tune brenspeeds tune? im really confused on this topic
First there tons of inof on these boards about the tuner but...its alot like I said and is hard to get through.
The tuner re-programs or tunes your computer in you car from FORD. Brenspeed and other will have package deals look around at the sponsors some can be had for CAI and 3 tunes for $525. Some run more....
If you change gears you can adjust you tune or have who you buy it from re do your tune. THe headers will require no additional tune. It takes a few minutes to tune the car, just plug it in and it ask a few questions the boom its done and its now a whole different car.
GEARS- What a great mod the best I've done, but there again you will need a tune to change the speedo after you do the gears. I have 3.73' s and its amazing. Only warning with gears is have someone good do them.
Best of luck and before you buy do a little research and check out what others have to say.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:18 AM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

You will love your T-LOK!

SOHC
Old 05-22-2007, 01:39 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

If you are going to do a power adder later down the road, I would get a trutrac or a 8.8 GT take off rear end.