Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Buying Pypes

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

Default Buying Pypes

I'm about to place an order for Pypes from v6mustangstuff. I have questions.

It's been suggested to me that I get this setup installed by a shop because there areis cuttinginvolved. Do they have to transfer the O2 sensors from the old pipes to the new ones? When I pick the Pypes kit up, will I be able to haul it all in my trunk and back seat (will it all fit in the stang?).

What are people saying about this kit? Much rattlingor droning? What's a fair install price?

I'm going to carve up my bumper, and next year replace it with a GT bumper (at which point I'll be selling my cut bumper on eBay... hah, we'll see about that)

Ken
Old 06-08-2007, 02:55 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Buying Pypes

ORIGINAL: Ken Rogers

It's been suggested to me that I get this setup installed by a shop because there areis cuttinginvolved. Do they have to transfer the O2 sensors from the old pipes to the new ones? When I pick the Pypes kit up, will I be able to haul it all in my trunk and back seat (will it all fit in the stang?).

What are people saying about this kit? Much rattlingor droning? What's a fair install price?

I'm going to carve up my bumper, and next year replace it with a GT bumper (at which point I'll be selling my cut bumper on eBay... hah, we'll see about that)

Ken
1. I had my Ford dealer do mine. Yes, cutting after cats. Don't think any O2 sensor issues.
2. No, it won't fit in Stang. (see photo) Complete kit is1 HUGE box, 1 LONG boxand 1 medium size one.
Have the vendor drop ship to your shop of choice (OK it with them first of course).
3. No rattling (dealer installed)
4. Yes, Drone between 2000-2500 RPM, but:
a.) it is expected with these, they are LOUD.
b.) cruise at <65 MPH & >85 MPH is almost silent in the interior.
c.) it sounds BADASS for a V6. Check out my vids below (new ones added, FLYBY and ACCELERATION are from OUTSIDE about 100 feet away with a digital camera, so turn up the volume on your speakers).

5. Install price depends on shop... 2 hours labor or so. My install also had bumper changeover so that added a bit.

Love my PYPES!

You will LOVE the 4" Exhaust tips!!

Winterhawk & NonStopRed also have them.

SOHC

[IMG]local://upfiles/62156/6F51EDABECF5404BA46231BC7E036906.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/62156/40DAA9408BE148D29D93FA5B3DC53E37.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-08-2007, 03:11 PM
SemperFi789
2nd Gear Member

quick, before you order them from v6mustangstuff.... i just ordered mine off of rpmoutlet.com for 329 + 29 for shipping yesterday and they come with the violators or stree pros axlebacks too
Old 06-08-2007, 03:19 PM
tedBalog
2nd Gear Member

I think you could fit that in the back seat as long as you fold the seat down, and move the pass. seat up if need be.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:54 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SemperFi789

quick, before you order them from v6mustangstuff.... i just ordered mine off of rpmoutlet.com for 329 + 29 for shipping yesterday and they come with the violators or stree pros axlebacks too
I tried calling them for two days and never got through. The phone would ring and someone would pick up and then hang up! I even emailed them.....no response! Too many people on this forum hashad issues with them,so I took my business elsewhere! I like the fact that V6 Mustang Stuff does sponsor this forum.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:57 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOHCman

ORIGINAL: Ken Rogers

Ken
1. I had my Ford dealer do mine. Yes, cutting after cats. Don't think any O2 sensor issues.
2. No, it won't fit in Stang. (see photo) Complete kit is1 HUGE box, 1 LONG boxand 1 medium size one.
Have the vendor drop ship to your shop of choice (OK it with them first of course).
3. No rattling (dealer installed)
4. Yes, Drone between 2000-2500 RPM, but:
a.) it is expected with these, they are LOUD.
b.) cruise at <65 MPH & >85 MPH is almost silent in the interior.
c.) it sounds BADASS for a V6. Check out my vids below (new ones added, FLYBY and ACCELERATION are from OUTSIDE about 100 feet away with a digital camera, so turn up the volume on your speakers).

5. Install price depends on shop... 2 hours labor or so. My install also had bumper changeover so that added a bit.

Love my PYPES!

You will LOVE the 4" Exhaust tips!!

Winterhawk & NonStopRed also have them.

SOHC

[IMG]local://upfiles/62156/6F51EDABECF5404BA46231BC7E036906.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/62156/40DAA9408BE148D29D93FA5B3DC53E37.jpg[/IMG]
I wonder if it would be possible to offset the pipes to prevent drone? Do you guys think that would work? From what I understand and do correct me if I am wrong, Drone is caused by pressure going through the pipes at the same time. If one was offset, it would allow one pipe to blow out the exhaust ahead of the other side.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:23 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

Now if I go with just the pipes and keep my GT takeoffs, are you saying there's still drone? Or is drone not an issue with dual GT takeoffs?

THAT BIG BOX. ME HAVE TO FIND BETTER WAY.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:33 PM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

I fit it in my car, don't know how. but I did, and yeah I had to fold the backseats down.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:51 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Did you unpackage the parts?

Mine where all nice and greasy (packing grease) so I just threw them in the F150 and my wife dropped them off at the dealer when she picked me up.

SOHC

PS: might have fit, but I had stuff in the trunk...
Old 06-08-2007, 07:13 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

yeh I think you could fit them if you folded down the seats and pushed the passenger seat all the way forward. Youd definately be able to if you took the parts out of the boxes. but as sohcman said, they are greasy. (just wrap it up in an old sheet).

You'll love them. The first time I started it up I was smiling from ear to ear, no way to wipe that off. It doesnt sound like a six at all....beware...you will want to accelerate more just to hear the exhaust, therefore decreasing your gas mileage.

Guys with pypes...I dont know if it is a fact that mine are broken in, but the drone isnt bad anymore. I also started using 89 on filling up rather than just 87. I really think that the 89 helps drone somehow (dont ask)

Can you guys try it for a couple fill ups and tell me if its just my imagination?

Quick Reply: Buying Pypes