Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Are you happy with your pypes?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 02:05 AM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Are you happy with your pypes?

The alignment problem is fixed, I guess it actually pays to read directions. I had to loosen the passenger side of the H-pipe to get a little movement back there and they are great.
SemperFi - did you get your Violators on yet? Do you have any other noises other than the typical drone?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:36 AM
banka87
4th Gear Member

I love my street pro muffler. It's OBNOXIOUS. However, the alignment is terrible. It hangs REALLY low, and to the right a bit. When they designed the damn thing, they only used 1 of the stock hanger points which is stupid in my opinion. There are 3 other points if I remember correctly that they could have utilized for a better fit. Has anyone tried bending the hanger for a better fit? I'm just worried about snapping the weld off.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:29 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Am I happy with my pypes? I would be very happy when they get here. I ordered them back in May but from what I understand the company I ordered from still hasn't gotten them in yet. [sm=smiley5.gif]
Old 06-28-2007, 07:16 PM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

wow, that really sucks! Maybe there are companies out there with worse customer service than RPM then....I'd think after a few weeks they'd offer a refund or to send a comparable setup for the same price.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:26 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

no I think the problem is there is such a demand for them, that pypes can't keep up with. They seem to be a fairly small company, and are working their tushes off the manufacture them.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:19 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

no I think the problem is there is such a demand for them, that pypes can't keep up with. They seem to be a fairly small company, and are working their tushes off the manufacture them.
Yep, that's what I think too. I haven't been charged yet, so it's not like I have $$ tied up. They'll charge me once the order is full filled.
At least with V6 Mustang Stuff you do get to talk to someone and not the run around like you get from RPM.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:28 AM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

Am I happy with my pypes? I would be very happy when they get here. I ordered them back in May but from what I understand the company I ordered from still hasn't gotten them in yet. [sm=smiley5.gif]

At least with V6 Mustang Stuff you do get to talk to someone and not the run around like you get from RPM.
Don from v6mustangstuff told me the same thing about the street scene tail-panel I ordered last month. The bastard has probably been on vacation lol.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:59 PM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

Hang in there folks.

My Pypes "X" pipe was backordered for 4 weeks.

I ordered direct and the kit was perfect.

Some folks did have trouble with various vendors (and really cheap prices) getting mismatched or incorrect parts...

SOHC
Old 07-11-2007, 11:54 AM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nonstopred

Yep, that's what I think too. I haven't been charged yet, so it's not like I have $$ tied up. They'll charge me once the order is full filled.
Hey Sandy,

Did you get these yet????

SOHC
Old 07-11-2007, 08:47 PM
TAoW1939
1st Gear Member

How do you guys think Street pros or Violators would sound with the JBA h-pipe?

Quick Reply: Are you happy with your pypes?