Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Are you happy with your pypes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 11:51 AM
mtnpunk91
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Are you happy with your pypes?

Do anyof you know about the Pypes Mid-Muffler System for the V6? Heard any good things about it? I've really only heard from GT owners and that doesn't help me. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:37 AM
SemperFi789
2nd Gear Member

hey guys sorry i took so long, i havent been on much at all.....service with rpm outlet sucks!!! first off they sent me the axlebacks and the midpipes and didnt even tell me the x pipe was backordered. i had called them up when i received that pieces and they had said it was backordered only when i called, so they had pypes send it to me directly. then pypes didnt send me the install kit. 2 weeks into this ordeal i get the kit and i take it to get installed because i didnt want to cut my pipes. the clamps they sent me were too loose to connect the midpipes to the xpipe. so i used my stock one on the right muffler and a 1 inch clamp for the left. after not being able to get any help from pypes i decided to order the other clamp from ford directly so it would make a good fit since the left muffler was rattling because it was not secure (very loose to where the point i could move the pypes with my foot from the outside). to this point i just got the clamp in and im putting it on in the morning... overall the customer service was horrible, the clamps didnt fit so i had to go and buy that. the alignment is too tight to the valence so if i hit a bump, it taps. hopefully i can fix this in the morning
heres a pic of how it looks before i fixed it
Old 07-19-2007, 08:50 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I ordered Pypes Performance V6 conversion kit through V6MustangStuff. They are one of the sponsors for this forum and may give you a discount. It came with the x-pipe, mid pipe, clamps and hangers. I bought two GT mufflers from a guy on here.
I just got it back Tuesday from the shop.....sounds AWESOME! They cut the hanger on the right side muffler closes to the tip, flipped it an welded it back on so it would hang right. Looking at it from underneath, looks like a factory installed job. They told me the x-pipe system fit like a glove, but the mufflers were a bite to get on.

Good luck with your endeavor and keep us posted!
Old 07-19-2007, 12:59 PM
SemperFi789
2nd Gear Member

tightened it a little more today, the muffler is too much in the center, needs to be shifted more to the left, any ideas?
Old 07-19-2007, 09:36 PM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

loosen the clamps and the clamps on the x pipe. Loosening the midpipe clamps get you lots of adjustment. I had the same problem
Old 07-20-2007, 11:58 AM
SOHCman
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

I ordered Pypes Performance V6 conversion kit through V6MustangStuff. They are one of the sponsors for this forum and may give you a discount. It came with the x-pipe, mid pipe, clamps and hangers. I bought two GT mufflers from a guy on here.
I just got it back Tuesday from the shop.....sounds AWESOME! They cut the hanger on the right side muffler closes to the tip, flipped it an welded it back on so it would hang right. Looking at it from underneath, looks like a factory installed job. They told me the x-pipe system fit like a glove, but the mufflers were a bite to get on.

Good luck with your endeavor and keep us posted!
Glad to hear you got your pipes on!

Keep an eye on your gas mileage!

Once you take your foot off the pedal you should notice better gasmileage.

I'm sure you've already noticed the improved throttle response!

SOHC
Old 09-03-2007, 11:50 AM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

I bought and installed The single axleback Race Pro muffler from Pypes. (directly from pypes...next day delivers) I had minor alignment problems with the tailpipe clearance also. I just bent the hangars on the muffler to make everything fit right. Mufflert sounded a bit "ricey" for the first week. It gets "throatier" the more you drive it though. Little bit of drone, but nothing an AC/DC CD can't overcome. I'm happy with my muffler.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:49 PM
TheMeanestofTimes
1st Gear Member

I have MAC Dumps they are very loud but you dont get the nice visual because they dump before the fuel tank
Old 10-12-2007, 03:36 PM
zanypunk
2nd Gear Member

Get the SpinTech mufflers. The sound is sweet. I installed them on my car before I put a supercharger. It didn't sound like you were cooking rice. lol It had that mucle car tone. Now it sounds like a beast. Ps. You can get Borlas. STech and Borla cost a bit more but you get what you pay for so... Stay away from Pypes or other mufflers. JBA they are ok, I had them before too but they are kind of quiet compare to what I have now. SpinTech!
Old 10-12-2007, 04:41 PM
mtnpunk91
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zanypunk

Get the SpinTech mufflers. The sound is sweet. I installed them on my car before I put a supercharger. It didn't sound like you were cooking rice. lol It had that mucle car tone. Now it sounds like a beast. Ps. You can get Borlas. STech and Borla cost a bit more but you get what you pay for so... Stay away from Pypes or other mufflers. JBA they are ok, I had them before too but they are kind of quiet compare to what I have now. SpinTech!
Why do you say that?

I have a Pypes system and am very happy with it.

Only had it a week but I've already gotten compliments on the soundand I've seen heads turn when I gun it (and that NEVER happend with stock exhaust, lol). 2 of my neighbors are hardcore car guys and gave me the "ooh, I dont think you should do that" look when I told them I was gonna upgrad to duals. They didn't think it was going to sound good at all. After I brought it home and revved it for them, they both said it sounds great and were surpised, lol.

I love it.

Excpet for some drone which I'm not used to (and a few rattles inside the cabin which I never heard before until now, hmm?) I'm totally happy with my purchase and think it was money well spent.

Quick Reply: Are you happy with your pypes?