Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Dual MRT System?

Old 06-15-2007, 01:05 PM
The_Third
2nd Gear Member

Default Dual MRT System?

Does MRT make a dual system for our V6s? I'm looking to match one of their exhausts up with the new turbo next week. I'm assuming their v6 kits are singles and their GT kits are duals. Also, does their aeroturbine system include the piping? Looking for anyone with experience with these guys, I don't wanna bug anyone through PMs!

Thanks
Old 06-15-2007, 01:26 PM
mustangballer20
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Dual MRT System?

Hey you can defiantely go duels with the MRT exaust. My opinion is that screw the aeroturbines...way to loud and a bad drone. Get the Maxthunders. they are cheaper and sound absolutely amazing. Scrming did maxthunder duels talk to him. Hes also got a webpage i beleve its v6john.com. check it out
Old 06-15-2007, 01:29 PM
The_Third
2nd Gear Member

ah my bad I thought he was still runnin the single aeroturbine. Thanks
Old 06-16-2007, 01:07 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I heard dual MRT's, insane drone and ricey sound. I heard singles too, and they sound awesome. Sound is subjective, but thought I would throw in my 2 cents. If you do a search, you will see that most dual MRT aero owners have switched out.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:15 PM
The_Third
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

I heard dual MRT's, insane drone and ricey sound. I heard singles too, and they sound awesome. Sound is subjective, but thought I would throw in my 2 cents. If you do a search, you will see that most dual MRT aero owners have switched out.
I'm looking to do a dual maxthunder setup. Do you think it would be the same? I'm having trouble deciding what to do on top of the turbo
Old 06-16-2007, 02:02 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The_Third

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

I'm looking to do a dual maxthunder setup. Do you think it would be the same? I'm having trouble deciding what to do on top of the turbo
The maxthnders are chambered mufflers. Chambered mufflers don't have the same issue the aero has. You should be fine. My flowmaster AT's are chambered, sound clips on my site. Do a search for "Scrming", he has dual maxthunders on his and sounds real good. he posted up a clip recently.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:38 PM
JimC

Scrmng's dual MRT Max Thunders are amazing in person -- very aggressive sound and loud. As close to a V8 rumble as you will find I believe.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:57 PM
The_Third
2nd Gear Member

I'm gonna call around to get some hard numbers, hopefully the guy installing/tuning my turbo will help me out with the exhaust for little extra. The h-pipe shouldn't be too bad, about $100, two v6 maxthunder mufflers will run $380, scrming helped me with the rest. I'll need a driver's side midpipe at about $90, and I'll need hangers which run $45 a piece (anyone know how many hangers I need?). I could install it myself, but it just seems a lot easier to have it done with the turbo install. Then once the bank account fills up a bit more I'll get headers, performance clutchand do more suspension work (I should really get aftermarket struts/dampers), control arms etc.Brakes, stainless lines,maybe a rear diffuser, hood, aluminum d/s,and then do some interior work. If I ever crack the engine it won't be until next year, although I'd really love some turbo cam work from PH. Also, I hope I never need a new trans but that's always an option.

Thanks guys
Old 06-18-2007, 10:04 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

You should get 2 hangers. Also PH's turbo kit uses a custom Y pipe, so I don't think you can do the H pipe.
Old 06-18-2007, 11:13 PM
The_Third
2nd Gear Member

I thought PH could make it so the outlet piping would work with any single or dual exhaust setup? When I spoke with mike he recommended a custom fabbed exhaust with ford midpipe and GT take offs. Here I'm just using different mufflers. I can only assume any midpipe configuration would work. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dual MRT System?