Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Dual MRT System?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 10:31 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Dual MRT System?

It works with any system designed for the V6 out of the box. Meaning a custom H pipe will not work. They provide a Y pipe that will work with any Y pipe dual system, and of course it will work with any single system. Also, when it comes to the turbo, the turbo by default makes the exhaust sound deeper, so a H pipe is not needed, and there is no performance gain. I have the Y pipe on my system that they bolted up to my dual setup right now.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:46 AM
The_Third
2nd Gear Member

Ah, thanks that makes sense. I mean, I'm mail ordering a kit, so I don't know if the pipe is going to be with it all. I'm sure I'll find out when I order it tomorrow. I guess I really don't know that much, I didn't think a y-pipehad a midpipe. I could just have a shop around here fab it then I guess, or I can talk to Mike. Depending on how they shipthe turboI guess it wouldn't make that much of a difference. Unless you meant the y-pipe outlet they gave you is currently connected to whatever style setup you have right now.

Would it be the same thing to order a pipe, say from pypes, with the muffler deleted, and buy the MRT mufflers? I guess I kind of just need someone to simplify this as much as possible. Sorry guys
Old 06-22-2007, 12:26 PM
The_Third
2nd Gear Member

Would I buy 2 v6 mufflers or a GT kit? haha sorry.

Edit: Damn you scrming!! Theycan't do dual v6 kits for anyone else, the driver's side muffler sticks out too far. Now I have no idea what to get again! haha