Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Ford Racing Dual Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 07:38 PM
trpcthndr
1st Gear Member

Default Ford Racing Dual Exhaust

Anyone actually have the V6 dual exhaust kit from Ford Racing??? Even though it's a bit more expensive (well, even that's debatable since the Magnaflow kits also $600+), it comes with a warranty, and I like the little rear fascia trim pieces that it also comes with.

Just wondering if anyone has this. If so, please post pics and/or sound bytes. A nearby Ford dealer put the Shelby CS6 kit on a friend's car and it came out great. My christmas present from the Mrs is a dual exhaust and I want to make the right choice. Was considering the Magnaflow kit, but not looking into the FR package....

Advice????
Old 12-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Wickerbill
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Racing Dual Exhaust

Anyone actually have the V6 dual exhaust kit from Ford Racing??? Even though it's a bit more expensive (well, even that's debatable since the Magnaflow kits also $600+), it comes with a warranty, and I like the little rear fascia trim pieces that it also comes with.

Just wondering if anyone has this. If so, please post pics and/or sound bytes. A nearby Ford dealer put the Shelby CS6 kit on a friend's car and it came out great. My christmas present from the Mrs is a dual exhaust and I want to make the right choice. Was considering the Magnaflow kit, but not looking into the FR package....

Advice????

I bought the FRPP kit that you are referring to about 3 weeks ago and havnt had the time to install it. I have heard it on other 4.0 stick shift stang and it sounds awesome. As for the price, the website list it at $669, but Ill let you in on a little secret. Find a repair shop that is independantly owned, they can order parts directly from Ford wholesale. I have a friend that ordered mine for me and he did me a favor and sold it to me at his cost. His cost for the Entire kit was $369 + tax. So FRPP is making a hella markup. Even if the independant shop charges you to order it Im sure you can get by alot cheaper than ordering it from FRPP website. As for the warranty you dont get one. FRPP only has warranties on their Crate engines and drivetrain products, it cleary states this in the Fine print on the FRPP website. Once I get around to installing mine Im going to get my fiancee to bring over her camera so I can take some pics to post on here, cant wait till then!
Old 02-18-2008, 10:20 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

I think Ford changed the warranty on some of their performance products. See the "Mustang V6 Appearance Package" brochure. It says 3 years/36,000 miles. I'm assuming that one could go in the dealer and buy the car with the package already on it preinstalled by Ford and it just carries the regular car warranty.

What is the difference between using this setup and pypes performance with GT takeoffs?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:29 PM
eme_ms_87
1st Gear Member

is like kragen or maidas an independant shop? will i have to know anyone in order to get it at that $369 price?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:15 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

Try a search of FRPP duals. People have had this done, I'm considering it myself. I will install it myself, but I'm not concerned with warranty.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:04 AM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

What's the difference between using FRPP and pypes with takeoffs? I see it costs about $250 or so more for FRPP.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:55 AM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

completly different mufflers would be the main difference
Old 02-20-2008, 02:19 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fallout

completly different mufflers would be the main difference
Which mufflers are quieter? I'm guessing the GT takeoffs.

Wow I guess I'm kinda ignorant, I just remembered my dad has a business license and he is an auto mechanic, so I'm going to have him buy it wholesale and we'll just put it on. Should save some money that way
Old 03-12-2008, 07:36 PM
DAVEPNY08

I have the FRPP dual exhaust and it sounds really good....A nice growl to it when you take off...

I was told that since the dealer installed it and it's from FORD, my warranty is still good.

[IMG]local://upfiles/92175/DE5B3F83F7B44BD98E35065D7FB023D4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-13-2008, 01:56 AM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

I have heard sound clips of the FRPP duals and they sound/look great. It's all a matter of personal preference. Youtube has sound bits of both. I like the rear end finishing pieces on the FRPP as well, a little "black on the back" balances our cars I think.

Best of luck, post sound clips when you decide.