Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Need Lots o Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:01 PM
ruprect108*07V6

Default Need Lots o Help

Just bought a 2007 V6 and i know almost nothing about cars. So i have some stupid questions and any help and patience is greatly appreciated. I want to power it up a little and i need some knowledge and advise please.

I really don't know what the following do so a basic explanation would help.

1 Screamin Demon Coil Pack
2 C&L 73mm Mass air kit
3 4:10 motive gears
4 Ford T-loc axle
5 Exhaust completly lost here
6 Live wire plug wires
7 NGK TR6 Spark plugs

I would like some opinions on what Tuner to get.
I also would like to get the K&N Typhoon is this worht it or a waste of money

To anyone who tries to educate the uneducatedI thank you

Old 01-16-2008, 05:50 PM
SatinSilverStang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Need Lots o Help

welcome to the forums, and be prepared to thin up your wallet after talkin to these guys

1. Screamin Demon Coil Pack, besides looks, not much gains shown here, but then again not many people buy em and put it right on the dyno to get new numbers

2. pretty much a paper weight along with ant Throttle body's and the spacers for them

3. 4.10 Motive gears, top speed decreases but acceleration rate increases, Motive gears tend to emit a whinning noise that most people HATE around here, IMO 3.73 gear ratio is a healthy medium from the stocker 3.31's and 4.10's

4. V6's have whats called an open rear axle, allowing one tire to get most of the power while the ther sits there when traction loss occurs. a T-Lok enables both wheels to be able to spin under traction loss (so no "pegleg" style burnouts), but will still provide for very good control around corners and such.

5. Axle-Back and Cat-back are the most common replacements, Axle-Back refers to the everything frm the "wxle back", for S197 mustangs like ours, it means the muffler and exhaust tip. Cat-back means just that, everything is replaced from the catalytic converter to the exhaust tip. Cat back is required for changing to a dual exhaust. to go dual, you either need to notch your factory bumper to accomidate the driver side tip, or purchase a rear bumper GT-Take off that is premoulded for two. If you'd like my "short list" of axle-back and cat-back exhausts just lemme know.

6. Live Wire Plug Wires, mostly just for show, i'm getting JBA's just for the hell of it, i like the blue the come in

7. New plugs are not really a necessity unless you supercharge or turbo our motor. Someone will chime in with more info on this

as for a Cold Air Intake (or CAI) most recommend one that REQUIRES a tune, cause most performance for the cash comes outta those bastards. My short list for those are as follows

Company's:
Brenspeed
VMP Tuning
B@MACHIPS (that @ is really an A but they censor it for some reason)
Old 01-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Stang_Heritage07
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Need Lots o Help

ORIGINAL: ruprect108*07V6

Just bought a 2007 V6 and i know almost nothing about cars. So i have some stupid questions and any help and patience is greatly appreciated. I want to power it up a little and i need some knowledge and advise please.

I really don't know what the following do so a basic explanation would help.

1 Screamin Demon Coil Pack
2 C&L 73mm Mass air kit
3 4:10 motive gears
4 Ford T-loc axle
5 Exhaust completly lost here
6 Live wire plug wires
7 NGK TR6 Spark plugs

I would like some opinions on what Tuner to get.
I also would like to get the K&N Typhoon is this worht it or a waste of money

To anyone who tries to educate the uneducatedI thank you

.....I don't know if you even looked but:
read everything you can here:
https://mustangforums.com/m_2147886/tm.htm