Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Starter and Performance Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 09:53 AM
dhollie86
1st Gear Member

Default Starter and Performance Upgrade

I am wondering if we can get the push button starter added to our car or is that something you have to get from the dealership as a extra package.... Also is there any really high performance upgrade that we can get for under 300.00 other than the cold air intake which really isn't that high performance but its better than what is in the 4.0's stock
Old 03-06-2009, 10:10 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Heres a push start ignition that Ford Racing offers

http://www.americanmuscle.com/push-start-ignition.html

Dont know much about it though so I can't help ya there...

A CAI and a Tune is probably the BEST thing to get you going performance wise...Not 300 bucks but, definetly worth the $$$
Old 03-06-2009, 11:09 AM
dhollie86
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by So_Cali
Heres a push start ignition that Ford Racing offers

http://www.americanmuscle.com/push-start-ignition.html

Dont know much about it though so I can't help ya there...

A CAI and a Tune is probably the BEST thing to get you going performance wise...Not 300 bucks but, definetly worth the $$$
thanks for the link and I am getting a cold air intake when i get the cash I know that is about 200$. Now as for the tune do i need a predator or anything or do I just take it somewhere
Old 03-06-2009, 11:38 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

You don't have to take it anywhere. Go online or call vmptuning.com and talk to Justin. He has the least expensive cai/tuner package on the market. I think the price is still $449.00 and comes with an Xcal w/3 custom tunes and his own cai. Don't buy a cai that says it doesn't require a tune, there a waste. He can sent you everything you need thru the mail. See if you can find a GT takeoff muffler too, there pretty cheap and it sounds and flows a lot better then stock. Between these 3 mod you will get a real boost in HP(20-25 rwhp)and much improved drive ability especially if your car is an automatic. You won't beleive the difference!
Old 03-07-2009, 02:36 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by dhollie86
I am wondering if we can get the push button starter added to our car or is that something you have to get from the dealership as a extra package.... Also is there any really high performance upgrade that we can get for under 300.00 other than the cold air intake which really isn't that high performance but its better than what is in the 4.0's stock
The best performance upgrade for the basic V6 is the GT
front/rear take-off sway bar mod with the poly bushings.
The stock V6es with no rear sway bar and the puney 31.5mm
front sway is a pure joke straight from the factory.

Originally Posted by my first mustang
You don't have to take it anywhere. Go online or call vmptuning.com and talk to Justin. He has the least expensive cai/tuner package on the market. I think the price is still $449.00 and comes with an Xcal w/3 custom tunes and his own cai. Don't buy a cai that says it doesn't require a tune, there a waste. He can sent you everything you need thru the mail. See if you can find a GT takeoff muffler too, there pretty cheap and it sounds and flows a lot better then stock. Between these 3 mod you will get a real boost in HP(20-25 rwhp)and much improved drive ability especially if your car is an automatic. You won't beleive the difference!
+1
Be sure the CAI you purchase REQUIRES a tune
as a non-tune requiring CAI is a waste of $$.
Be sure if you go the GT Take-Off muffler route,
get the GT M/T muff and not the GT Automatic muff.
GT M/T Muff FI-7849-R 4R3Z-5520-LM
auto is F1-7991-R, manual is F1-7849-R
There is a BIG difference between the two.
Attached Thumbnails Starter and Performance Upgrade-gtmufflerauto.jpg   Starter and Performance Upgrade-gtmufflermt.jpg   Starter and Performance Upgrade-springsshocks.jpg  

Last edited by 157dB; 03-07-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:40 AM
dhollie86
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by my first mustang
Ok thanks alot but is that 20-25 rwhp for the 93 tune?? I ask that because I don't think Minnesota has 93 so i will have to get the next lower tune not sure if it changes how much of a performance boost I get but I thought it did.......
Old 03-12-2009, 08:45 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dhollie86
Ok thanks alot but is that 20-25 rwhp for the 93 tune?? I ask that because I don't think Minnesota has 93 so i will have to get the next lower tune not sure if it changes how much of a performance boost I get but I thought it did.......
I'm almost certain it's based off the highest octane available in your area whether its 91 or 93. You're gonna feel it either way