Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

whats a good parts site?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 02:13 PM
67stangr
2nd Gear Member

Default whats a good parts site?

What is a good part site for engine and performance parts for a 07 v6 stang? I have duel exhaust but not installed just yet on account of no gt rear bumper.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:33 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

www.lastcallracing.com
Old 12-26-2009, 10:25 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

www.cjponyparts.com And you don't need a GT bumper cover to install a dual exhaust on your Mustang. Its very easy to cut and shape the stock V6 bumper cover. Looks great too!
Old 12-27-2009, 08:57 PM
laterider
2nd Gear Member

gears, udp and more - www.stangmods.com
Old 12-27-2009, 09:08 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 67stangr
What is a good part site for engine and performance parts for a 07 v6 stang? I have duel exhaust but not installed just yet on account of no gt rear bumper.
You could save your money and just cut the bumper for your duals using this template;

http://pysales.com/inst/SFM68-bumper-cutout02.pdf

It's not that hard and it will look like it was done at the factory.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:02 AM
lenko
1st Gear Member

CJPonyparts - not!

Nut on my 410s came loose and burned up outer pinion bearing. Ordered 410s and gear install kit from CJPonyparts (free shipping - wow). Install kit was shipped to my US pickup town and the I found the FRRP 410s were back ordered. Wasn't told this at the time of order. Canceled 410s and ordered from another online and they were shipped and delivered within three days and only two days after the CJPonyparts $ 85.00 ring and pinion install kit. Had some other pieces ordered for my Mustang and boat to the same US location. Made a special trip to pick all items up and to my disappointment the $ 85.00 ring and pinion install kit I was expecting turned out to be a small box from CJPonyparts containing a dirty greasy folded differential gasket and a small pastic bag containing a few pinion spacers. There were no bearings, races, seal or any of the items in a real master install kit and all those items wouldn't even fit in their little box. Talk about disappointment. Couldn't wait to drive the 60 + miles home to call CJPony about this. The person I spoke to wanted a photo of the box and items so I sent him one. The end result was they reimbursed my credit card and did not take any extra steps to get an install kit quickly to me and now said they would have to order it. I lost $.50 in the credit card transactions with Us/Can exchange rate. CJPonyparts is a terrible company to deal with and it has absolutely no "goodwill" built into their system. They do not go the extra step to try and rectify their screwup as many other companies do. I will never buy from them again and will definitely not recommend to anyone.
I did order the install kit from another US Muscle car dealer at a cheaper price and for $ 24.00 more for shipping had it in two days. At least I got it and with GREAT SERVICE.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:32 PM
2007 grimlock stang
1st Gear Member

I've had nothing but great service from American Muscle, Latemodel Restoration Supply, and Pure Speed Motorsports. All 3 of these provide top notch customer support. I felt like a respected customer each time, especially from Pure Speed; kudos to them
Old 10-11-2010, 11:14 PM
lenko
1st Gear Member

I've used AM and LRS with excellent results. Purespeed is new to me so I will surely check them out. Thanks a lot.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:52 PM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

If you're looking for nothing but engine, it's expensive but supersixmotorsports.com does nothing, but build v6 engines.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:12 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lenko
CJPonyparts - not!

Nut on my 410s came loose and burned up outer pinion bearing. Ordered 410s and gear install kit from CJPonyparts (free shipping - wow). Install kit was shipped to my US pickup town and the I found the FRRP 410s were back ordered. Wasn't told this at the time of order. Canceled 410s and ordered from another online and they were shipped and delivered within three days and only two days after the CJPonyparts $ 85.00 ring and pinion install kit. Had some other pieces ordered for my Mustang and boat to the same US location. Made a special trip to pick all items up and to my disappointment the $ 85.00 ring and pinion install kit I was expecting turned out to be a small box from CJPonyparts containing a dirty greasy folded differential gasket and a small pastic bag containing a few pinion spacers. There were no bearings, races, seal or any of the items in a real master install kit and all those items wouldn't even fit in their little box. Talk about disappointment. Couldn't wait to drive the 60 + miles home to call CJPony about this. The person I spoke to wanted a photo of the box and items so I sent him one. The end result was they reimbursed my credit card and did not take any extra steps to get an install kit quickly to me and now said they would have to order it. I lost $.50 in the credit card transactions with Us/Can exchange rate. CJPonyparts is a terrible company to deal with and it has absolutely no "goodwill" built into their system. They do not go the extra step to try and rectify their screwup as many other companies do. I will never buy from them again and will definitely not recommend to anyone.
I did order the install kit from another US Muscle car dealer at a cheaper price and for $ 24.00 more for shipping had it in two days. At least I got it and with GREAT SERVICE.
I've had good experiences with CJ Pony Parts...

Quick Reply: whats a good parts site?